Crashing in CAS Windows 10

by sleepymerma1d

Original Post

Crashing in CAS Windows 10

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I have a brand new computer with Windows 10, 16 GB memory, and discreet graphics (AMD Radeon R9). The game starts fine but it always crashes during CAS and I can't get past CAS. I tried changing the compatibility mode and deleting cache files. I tried adding it to DAP. as well. I tried starting it through Origin and outside of Origin. I haven't even added CC from my old computer yet so I can't blame it on CC. Anyone have any advice or solutions??

Message 1 of 14 (1,306 Views)

Re: Crashing in CAS Windows 10

Hero

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/HOW-TO-DxDiag-for-Sims-3-PC-Only/td-p/1049584/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (1,294 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@crinrict Okay, I attached the DxDiag to the original post. Also if it helps, right before it crashes, the colors get a little funky. I will try to get a screen shot of that if needed

Message 3 of 14 (1,286 Views)

★ Apprentice

now it just crashes without the colors even getting funky:/

Message 4 of 14 (1,269 Views)

Hero

Problem signature:

P1: TS3.exe

P2: 0.2.0.32

P3: 568d4bac

P4: MSVCR80.dll

P5: 8.0.50727.9193

P6: 560489c4

P7: c0000005

P8: 000172d7

P9: 

P10: 

This is an issue with the Visual C++ redistributable

Try reinstalling those

https://help.ea.com/en/article/your-vc-runtime-package-has-not-installed-correctly-error-troubleshoo...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 14 (1,260 Views)

★ Apprentice

@crinrict i updated it but it's still happening:/ the exact same problem. i just dont know what it is. i was looking forward to playing the ts3 on a better system so much:/

Message 6 of 14 (1,246 Views)

Hero

Make sure to undo your DEP settings. That problem has been fixed and can lead to other issues.

Does live mode work for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 14 (1,230 Views)

★ Apprentice

I did and it still crashes. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, and then uninstalling and reinstalling the C++, and it still crashes. I don't know why it won't work still and I don't know if EA will ever fix it if it's a problem with the Sims 3 and Win 10 or what

Message 8 of 14 (1,224 Views)

★ Apprentice

do you think using the disk vs origin would make a difference? i installed them from origin but i do still have the disks. but i thought i heard installing from origin is better :/

Message 9 of 14 (1,222 Views)

Community Manager

@sleepymerma1d Hey, reinstalling from disc shouldn't really make any difference. 

I still think this issue is related to the redistributable that Crinrict mentions, can you try running the Windows System File Checker, this can find and repair problems if they exist. 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/kb/929833

Out of interest, was this system always a Windows 10 system, or did you upgrade it from an earlier OS without formatting? I'm interested to know if that's a factor in cases like this. 

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 10 of 14 (1,203 Views)