Re: Constant Updating since purchasing content from sims 3 store

by crinrict

Original Post

Constant Updating since purchasing content from sims 3 store

★★★ Newbie

I recently decided to finally buy a few things from the store and even bought simpoints. I used those said simpoints to buy the items I wanted (a mixture of clothing, hair and furniture).

They all showed up on my purchase history but only 2 items showed up on my game launcher. I figured that it would take some time for everything to transfer over to the launcher but after an hour of waiting I decided to retry 'downloading' from my purchase history again. However, it says that there is a problem downloading so I decided to see if the items had already been installed without me knowing.

So I logged onto the game but on the load game screen, it tells me that there is an error and that I need the latest update/patch to remain logged into my account while playing the game. So I go back to the launcher (tried with leaving the game still running and also quitting the game before going to desktop), install the update/patch which all seem to be the same update/patch each time.

What can I do to make sure that my purchased items are installed on my game and without needing to install the same update/patches 50 million times?

PS. If it helps, my OS is Windows 8.1 (the game has been running fine until I decided to buy content) and my computer is fully up to date

Message 1 of 2 (60 Views)

Re: Constant Updating since purchasing content from sims 3 store

Hero

What is your base game version right now ?

Open the launcher and check the number in the lower left corner.

If you're not at 1.67, please update your game.

Manual links can be found here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Patch-1-67/td-p/67858/

If that doesn't help, is it a Store Update or Game update that wants to install 50 million times ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (59 Views)