Cant download from the exchange. says error need to see log

by unspokenprayer01

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cant download from the exchange. says error need to see log

★ Apprentice

I contacted support about this but everything they had me do has failed me. I have the base game, all stuff packs and all expansion packs except the Katy Perry one. Everything is updated to the latest patch. 1.67.2.024017
Note: I am able to download the things I have bought on the sims 3 store, but i will sometimes get the "error check log to see details" box but i just delete that file that got the error and try and re-download it and it downloads fine. but that's annoying when you are installing worlds and those take a bit to download.

I gave up on contacting support for now,
But here's what I have done:
Ive reset IE, Ive changed web browsers, Ive made sure sims3 store and what not isn't blocked from downloading, tried trouble shooting with what EA Support linked me to, to try different solutions. Ive even ran CCleaner and of course checked all the things with the program that support had me check.  Lastly I uninstalled The sims 3 base game, along with all my expansion packs and stuff packs. Reinstalled it back onto my laptop, and got somewhere in the exchange only issue is, the only things from the exchange that I can download are the sims/pets/etc that I myself uploaded to the exchange, they all downloaded fine and installed into my game. But when I go to download anything on the exchange that other people have uploaded, I get the error on my launcher. I still also get the error from time to time when downloading my stuff from the sims 3 store but just like before i try the download again and it downloads and installs fine. still a pain in the butt.

I have a gateway PC. 4GB of RAM

It is a windows 8.1 Laptop and its 64-bit

The game Log says:
Exchange Download Failure. Http read error

Message 1 of 20 (2,266 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cant download from the exchange. says error need to see log

★ Apprentice

Problem solved but not from the clean boot, it cant be that simple...

Its way more simple to be exact.

Open Origin..

Hit "Play" on The Sims 3 in your "My Game" Library

Launcher opens.

Download your sims 3 store items or even yes, The Exchange.

NO ERRORS, Its downloads, it installs. AWESOME!!!!!!

That simple. Best game error story ever after all the stuff I did

including the 2 days it took to reinstall all my sims games.

Yet the simple solution, Launch game using Origin.

Enjoy Simmers and Helpers!! :D I had fun.

View in thread

Message 19 of 20 (2,697 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

try clear the internet cache and switch browsers if using chrome,safari or opera  try IE or firefox

Message 2 of 20 (2,239 Views)

★ Apprentice

Ive already done this. Sadly it did not work.

Message 3 of 20 (2,237 Views)

Hero (Retired)

can you c/p what the log says ?

Message 4 of 20 (2,235 Views)

★ Apprentice

Log says Http error,

i have everything updated to the latest patch 1.67

Message 5 of 20 (2,233 Views)

Hero (Retired)

try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps/td-p/714/

you won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

then try downloading on a clean folder to see if that works. If it does, you can start puting your stuff back (before installing the Store Content, just download it)

Message 6 of 20 (2,228 Views)

★ Apprentice

Ive actually uninstalled and reinstalled everything, and the problem didnt go away, but it did allow me to be able to download the stuff that i have uploaded to the exchange.

Message 7 of 20 (2,226 Views)

Hero (Retired)

yeah it can be abit of a head scratcher figuring out some issues

do you have BitDefender ? if you do that may be what is causing an issue

to turn off bitDefender (credits to Kiaori)

Open bitdefender
    Go to settings
    Open Antivirus
    Go to the tab Shield
    You will see Active Virus Management and to the right of that you will see on/off.
    Put that off

Message 8 of 20 (2,224 Views)

★ Apprentice

I dont, I have windows defender, Ive allowed Origin to be an app able to go through my firewall, I saw the sims 4 demo able to go through my firewall on there as well.

Is there anything from my sims 3 programs that should be added there to be allowed through, cause I tried adding the launcher application but that still didnt work.

Oh yeah, It truly is one of those problems thats like, what the in the world is causing this lol

Ive tried so many trouble shooting things with CS Im even talking to them now since what they gave me to do the last time sadly didnt work out.

Message 9 of 20 (2,222 Views)

Hero (Retired)

yup and sometimes when it's found what caused it it can be a DUH moment, firewall/antivirus/cookies enabled/adblock  running the base game icon as admin run orign as admin flushing the DNS

Message 10 of 20 (2,219 Views)