Re: Cannot Log Into Sims 3

by EA_Kristi

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cannot Log Into Sims 3

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have found multiple threads on this already but absolutely nothing has worked.

I found some hair on the store I liked and attempted to purchase it whilst in game during Create-A-Sim (I was logged in at this point). For whatever reason it told me to log in again and that is when the problems started. It appeared as though something happened for a while and it was processing but then I was brought back to the login window. I assumed it was just a minor technical glitch and went to go look for the hair. Being unable to find it I exited the game and went back into it but it didn't automatically log me in and was asking me to log in. I tried but it kept giving me the same message of "Incorrect email or password". I'm able to log into the Origin and Sims 3 sites fine it's just in game and launcher that claims I have incorrect information.

I reset my password twice but still got the same message. At this point I went searching through threads. I've deleted my browser caches which was one of the most frequent responses to this problem. This failed. I deleted the games cache in the C:\Users\Admin\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3. This again did nothing. I've reset the game and my computer, logged in and out of Origin and tried every fix I could find but nothing has worked. Trying to log into the launcher doesn't work and just gives me the message "Not logged in" while trying in game gives the same "Incorrect email or password" message. I'm at the point where I'm ready to delete every single Sims 3 file and completely install the game and and expansions.

I have a PC.

Absolutely any help would be greatly appreciated. 
Cheers

Edit: My apologies, I didn't even notice that this was posted just before.

Message 1 of 2 (144 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cannot Log Into Sims 3

EA Staff

@zagy200 Could you please try the following: 

1. Open Internet Explorer
  2. Go to Tools - Internet options - Advanced
  3. Select 'Reset' and check the box 'Delete personal Settings'
  4. Restart IE

After this try the logging in again.

Let us know how you get on!

View in thread