Can you play the sims 3 without the disc?

by alesparodi

Original Post

Can you play the sims 3 without the disc?

★★★ Newbie

I lost my CD but the game is already installed, can i still play?

Message 1 of 11 (90,015 Views)

Re: Can you play the sims 3 without the disc?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Yes.

Download the Origin client and input your registration code to add it to your games (if it was not an Origin purchase).  If it was an Origin Purchase your game will be there.  You will need to uninstall the physical disc copy of the game you have installed on your computer and install the game from the Origin client as a digital download.  For more info see this article: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Lost-and-broken-DVDs-and-missing-serial-codes-What-to-do/td-...

Hope this makes sense.  Best of luck.

Message 2 of 11 (89,600 Views)

★★★ Newbie

When I redeem the product code within the Origin client, it tells me that the code has already been used.

Message 3 of 11 (85,899 Views)

Hero

Does the game already show up in your myGames on the client ? If you've registetred you don't have to redeem the code again.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (85,874 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes there is a way even without Origin, (please forgive me as I don't remember the complete steps) but I call it the back door cause you go through your sims 3 (or the latest expansion) files and theres one you click on and it starts the sims 3 game. I have done this before I collected the games, my friend installed his on my computer but needed the CDs so I played via back door without discs, and I will need to again due to my CD rom drive not working, installing with someone elses portable drive and then back door without the discs the rest of the way. My friend taught me it so I will ask him again since I forgot the way to do it and I'll repost.

Message 5 of 11 (84,731 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@nienie0704 wrote:

Yes there is a way even without Origin, (please forgive me as I don't remember the complete steps) but I call it the back door cause you go through your sims 3 (or the latest expansion) files and theres one you click on and it starts the sims 3 game. I have done this before I collected the games, my friend installed his on my computer but needed the CDs so I played via back door without discs, and I will need to again due to my CD rom drive not working, installing with someone elses portable drive and then back door without the discs the rest of the way. My friend taught me it so I will ask him again since I forgot the way to do it and I'll repost.

It worked! Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 6 of 11 (82,099 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problem too, but it's not my disk, so it is already registered to a friend. This means I can't go through the orgin way. Can anyone tell me how to do the backdoor way because i have no idea where to look for my CD's

@FortyfiveRav wrote:

@nienie0704 wrote:

It worked! Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 7 of 11 (81,924 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Unfortunately, once a game has been registered, it cannot be registered again. You'll either have to ask your friend for his/her account, so that you can download it or really search for those discs.

You can contact CS and ask for a new code: http://eahelp.ea.com/en/ . For help with navigating the site, see this: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Beta-Archive/How-to-contact-a-Game-Advisor-using-the-new-EA-Help-page/m-p/2...

Message 8 of 11 (81,922 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have 5 expansion packs in CD ROM form how do i play them im new to the CD'S

Message 9 of 11 (24,146 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Nysha93 I have several ep's with the physical disc but I redeem the code in Origin that comes with the disc and get the digital download. If the game is at version 1.69 the DRM of SafeDisc is disabled and/or removed and you don't require a disk to play.

Message 10 of 11 (24,138 Views)