Re: Can't run The Sims 4 with the video card in this system.

by WolfFox90

Original Post

Can't run The Sims 4 with the video card in this system.

★ Novice

I cant play either my Sims 4 or sims 3... I last played them on this computer mid 2016 no problems.. when i go on sims 4 it says my video card isn't support yet this his highly unlikely, the laptop was bought for the purpose of playing the game which i can no longer do. This laptop is quite new and all relevant drivers are up-to-date. i followed all advice given on forums with no success. Sims three goes to launcher then crashed to a black screen. I have spoken to your online tech team who couldn't resolve the problem. I need a fix sending. I've only had problems since having to use origin. attached is my dxdiag

Message 1 of 6 (1,949 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@bezzeh789 The Intel® HD Graphics 4400 which is integrated into your Intel I7 cpu is not in the game's database (device 0x0a16). This should not stop the game from running. The video chip has only 112Mb of dedicated video memory and the minimum requirement for this game is 128Mb dedicated video memory. Integrated video chip normally don't have true dedicated video memory but memory that is reserved from main memory. While below spec computers may run a game, that game could stop running at any time. While integrated video chips are becoming stronger in recent years, these chips usually don't play 3D graphical games well.

Message 2 of 6 (1,876 Views)

★ Novice
Thank you for the reply. So does this mean it will never work on this PC. Can I upgrade the dedicated memory? What I don't understand is why it has previously worked fine on this laptop in the past. Have ea updated the game and therefore it no longer works?
Message 3 of 6 (1,869 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@bezzeh789 Why it won't work - there could by many reasons why it won't work now. I'm a devoted Tombraider player and every iteration that came (comes) out meant a trip to the computer store for a better video card if not a new gaming computer. You can not change dedicated video memory as this is engineered at time of development and part of the motherboard. When the graphics chip is integrated into the cpu chip there is usually no true dedicated video memory. The video memory is borrowed from main memory which can affect performance as this is the same memory that is used by the program and can be swapped out to virtual memory which could really affect performance. The Sims 3 pushed the Sims franchise into the 3D gaming realm. The majority of mid range gaming video cards should play the Sims 3 game as long as you don't push the resolution to the limits of the dedicated video chip. Gaming video is quite different then streaming video. Gaming video is much more demanding. Most today's integrated video chips are great for multimedia and social media but not so much 3D gaming.

Message 4 of 6 (1,859 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello my name is Gloria did u solve ur problem with The Sims 4 about the video card?? Let me know please..

[Edited by EA_Mai: please, don't write in all caps, that's considered shouting and is not allowed. Also, email address removed. Please, don't share your personal information]

Message 5 of 6 (1,822 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Haven't heard from you in a while as i can see but if you still haven't got in then when you're trying to keep yourself in the chat the issue is it times out your login so what i did is i kept my login active by flicking back and forth through the pages of a forum thread, also you have to choose the right department, they're super busy this week because of many reasons and one of those because of mobile companies taking numbers off people including myself, i would give you the number but i don't know if they're wanting me to at the moment because it's so busy, i managed to get in together by doing these things, i would reply to a later thread if there was one, i would this helps anyone who comes across this thread in future.

Message 6 of 6 (1,625 Views)