Re: Can't register as self-employed in Sims 3 Late Night

by gothceltgirl

Original Post

Can't register as self-employed in Sims 3 Late Night

★ Novice

I recently started a new game and made a household where all the Sims would be members of the 4-member band, with the intention of registering all of them as self-employed in a band in the Late Night town Bridgeport. I wasn't expecting any issues having done it twice before, but for some inexplicable reason, the option to register as self-employed does not show up at city hall or on the phone and computer. Does anyone know how to fix this? The only things I can think of that may cause this problem are: 1. I created the older bands in an older game version, so it's a glitch in patch 1.55 or 2. it's caused by my adding of several electric guitar CC's a little while ago. Anyone that may have an answer or a workaround, I'd appreciate the help.

Message 1 of 7 (7,368 Views)

Hero

Do the Sims have at least skill 1 in every Music skill ? 

Are you using any mods in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (7,322 Views)

★ Novice

I never thought of making sure all the sims have one in each music skill, I'll try it, but I don't recall ever having to do that before.

I don't have any mods, but I do have several CC's like clothing, cars and I recently added electric guitar meshes; I don't know if the things I listed count as "mods" but maybe they're part of the problem.

Message 3 of 7 (7,314 Views)

Hero

No, clohting and objects don't count as mods (at least for me they don't)

The skill thing is something I came across when googling your issue. I'm not sure if that's the problem.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (7,306 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

My Sim is level 5 in writing and there is no option to register as self-employed at city hall. Name change shows up, which it didn't before, but no self-employed option. I really want a couple of sims from a couple different households to be authors. My other sim is at level 9.

Message 5 of 7 (6,367 Views)

Hero

Do you have ambitions ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (6,364 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
Has anyone found a solution? I'm having the problem now. I don't have any mods or non Sims cc, all my Sims are at least level 2 in all instruments. I don't have ambitions, but I was able to register a previous family, I don't know why it's not working this time
Message 7 of 7 (3,091 Views)