Can't login to Sims 3 Launcher

by Draconitas

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't login to Sims 3 Launcher

★★★ Novice

So I've seen this issue around the internet but none of the solutions help me so far.

When I start Sims 3, the launcher opens and my "welcome" screen is blank. When I attempt to login, it keeps sending back the login dialog without getting me logged in.

The password is correct and up to date.

I logged into the launcher not three days ago. Nothing on my computer has changed since then.

What the heck is going on?

Message 1 of 6 (2,068 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't login to Sims 3 Launcher

Hero (Retired)

@Draconitas If your computer is a pc, the game uses IE to communicate. If the EA server is restarted the cookie stored in IE becomes invalid and can't be reset. It will eventually expire (don't know how long).  Open IE (not Edge)(Windows 10 type IE in ask me anything), click the cog in the upper right next to the star, click internet options, browsing history click delete, click delete, click apply, click ok. This will clear the cookie and allow a new cookie to be created and you should be able to log in now.

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (2,084 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@Draconitas If your computer is a pc, the game uses IE to communicate. If the EA server is restarted the cookie stored in IE becomes invalid and can't be reset. It will eventually expire (don't know how long).  Open IE (not Edge)(Windows 10 type IE in ask me anything), click the cog in the upper right next to the star, click internet options, browsing history click delete, click delete, click apply, click ok. This will clear the cookie and allow a new cookie to be created and you should be able to log in now.

Message 2 of 6 (2,085 Views)

★★★ Novice

Oh my god. It worked.

Days of looking for other solutions, and the first thing you told me worked.

You are fantastic. Thank you so much!

Message 3 of 6 (2,021 Views)

★★ Novice

THAT WORKED FOR ME THANK YOU!!!!!

Message 4 of 6 (1,921 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This didn't work for me :C Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Message 5 of 6 (811 Views)

@nevertherainbow  Try changing your password to something with only letters and numbers, no special characters.  Clear IE's cache again when you're done:

https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 6 of 6 (803 Views)