Re: Can't log into the Sims 3 Game Launcher

by Chrislorran

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

Did you try ElmaFatts solution? It worked for me! Even if you don't use IE as your web browser (I use Edge), it still worked for me! Just follow the directions to reset it! I did it 2 days ago and it has been fine ever since!

From ElmaFatts: Ok I finally was able to fix it after talking to an extremely helpful EA advisor (I had to talk to two others before I got to him). Instead of just clearing Internet Explorer cookies, I had to completely reset IE and it worked. Here's what I did:

IE-> Tools->Internet options->Advanced tab-> Reset

Hope that helps somebody.

Message 21 of 69 (3,983 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

OMG!!! Thats worked!! Bless u!!

Message 22 of 69 (3,950 Views)

★★★ Novice

i have tried this and every other solution in this forum and I am just plain stumped. I am still having this problem and nothing seems to work. I've changed my password and i've removed any mods i installed just prior to this happening. I have no clue what else to do.

Message 23 of 69 (3,935 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Cheers... I was going around looking at many thread on the web and I can't believe it was something to do with EI... bloody hell... Thanks Wink

Message 24 of 69 (3,916 Views)

★★ Novice

ElmaFatts you are the goddamn best. I LOVE YOU. Thank you! Resetting IE from the ground up worked for me - I don't even use IE!

Message 25 of 69 (3,838 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

So if the Launcher shows Web page cannot be displayed (welcome tab) means that there's maintenance going on So that's why I can't play Twinbrook and others? Only SunValley's Showing. 

Message 26 of 69 (3,770 Views)

★ Novice

The same thing happened to me after I purchased Dragon Valley.  I can log into the store and origins but not into the launcher - to download the game.  I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, deleted and backed up content. Tried everything. Will have to call or email but it is the launcher.

Message 27 of 69 (3,734 Views)

★ Novice

Okay - resenting the browser settings DID work.  Thanks all. That is the only solution that worked.

Message 28 of 69 (3,731 Views)

★★★ Newbie

OMG i tried everything.  This is the only thing that worked.  I could not even get an answer from anyone.  Thank you Thank. 

Message 29 of 69 (3,671 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I've tried everything, even this and it still does not work!!! EA is just as clueless and told me to do this as well but it didn't work and the guy hung up on me!

Message 30 of 69 (3,621 Views)