Can't log into Sims 3 account at all, from anywhere.

by hunnybunny666

Original Post

Can't log into Sims 3 account at all, from anywhere.

★★ Novice

I have an EA/Origin account. I know the password and email address. I tried logging into my Sims 3 account from the Store/Exchange website and it says "Invailid account information". I tried hitting the "Join now for free" button thinking, maybe somehow it was a different email address or account. So I put in my email address, and it sends me back to the login page, like it's thinking that there's already an account with that email. I hit forgot password button and it sends me to the EA website THAT I'M ALREADY LOGGED INTO WITH THE SAME INFORMATION I'M TRYING TO SIGN IN TO SIMS 3 WITH.

I've seen solutions elsewhere of people saying if they log in from in game after its launched and loaded that its worked. I tried that and it says "invalid account information". I've tried changing my password. Can log into EA and Origin no problem. It's just The Sims 3 it won't work with at all. I tried using a different browser. I've tried clearing caches and cookies and EVERYTHING I've seen suggested.

I tried starting a chat with EA and it opened the chat window, then basically 404'rd me and said the page request was invalid or something like that, and gave me more options to just click and go through forums WHICH ARE NOT HELPING SINCE I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING. They all say the same thing just suggesting to log in once the game is launched, from the family select screen. I have no clue how I'm supposed to fix this if I'm entering in the correct information, and can't even get into contact with anyone to help me. Sims website and Origin, everything I've tried just eventually sends me back to the EA website. I've had some dumb issues with EA and EA games before, but this is just ridiculous now.

Message 1 of 5 (403 Views)

Re: Can't log into Sims 3 account at all, from anywhere.

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Also, here's a funny update, just to show how absolutely insane this is. I FOUND MY ORIGINAL EMAIL from when I signed up. Clicked a link in the email that should've sent me to my page. I attached a photo of the email, and the page it sends me to when I click any link inside that email.

Message 2 of 5 (390 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@hunnybunny666  If your computer is a pc try clearing the browsing history is IE (Internet Explorer). The game uses IE to communicate and if the site has been restaerted the data about the site in IE becomes invalid and needs to be cleared.

Message 3 of 5 (377 Views)

★★ Novice

I don't use IE, I use Chrome, but even still I already did that. & the cookies, cache, everything that I could delete except passwords I did.

Message 4 of 5 (369 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@hunnybunny666  The game uses IE API's to communicate - it doesn't matter what you use.

Message 5 of 5 (364 Views)