Can't install the Dragon Valley World on the Sims 3??? HELP

by AliceMarie73

Original Post

Can't install the Dragon Valley World on the Sims 3??? HELP

★★★ Newbie

So I am running on a mac with the 1.55.4 newest update.

I just bought Dragon Valley EXCEPT I cannot install it. I have removed all of my CC in the game and tried everything to install it. It downloads as an object from the launcher (not a world, why??) and when I go to play it doesn't show from the drop down world menu. Also none of the premium content will install.

I have no clue why it won't install and I'm pretty mad considering this cost 20$.

PLEASE HELP ME. I really don't want to unistall my game but it looks like that might be my only option... It's not a store problem either because riverview won't install either...agh

Message 1 of 43 (17,845 Views)

Re: Can't install the Dragon Valley World on the Sims 3??? HELP

[ Edited ]
Hero

Try reinstalling all Store Content following the method here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3-Store/FAQ-The-Sims-3-Store/td-p/333394/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 43 (17,726 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks but I tried all that and nothing works. I am reinstalling now but it's not working when I try to update.Confusedmileymad:

Message 3 of 43 (17,722 Views)

Hero

What error are you seeing now ? Are you reinstalling the game or the Store Content ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 43 (17,719 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue, I bought the game from Best Buy just the other day, tried to install and what happens is that it skips the part where you have to enter the activation code, then it finishes but then a message pops up "there is an update for your game, would you like to install it?"  I click yes and it runs through, then it says "some files have been modified, please reinstall".  I've tried reinstalling a couple of times with no luck, I keep getting the same message and I have no idea what to do from here.

Message 5 of 43 (17,459 Views)

Hero

What is your base game version right now ?

Open the launcher and check the number in the lower left corner.

If it's not 1.55, try downloading the patch manually here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Patch-1-39/td-p/67858/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 43 (17,435 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I too am having the same issue. I have now bought two separate copies. Both skip the activation code, ask for an update, say its installed, but nothing on my machine. Nothing showing in my game. This is very frustrating considering the store has a "no refund on electronics or software" policy. 

Message 7 of 43 (17,416 Views)

Hero

Contact customer support so they can add it to your purchase history manually so you can download it from there. They'll tell you what they need to do that.

The AnswerHQ is about Users helping Users.

They can be found here: https://help.ea.com/contact-us/ask

Choose a category, a game and a platform for the contact options to show up.

If live chat is gray, change your country to US and make sure you're on US Business hours. It might also gray because they're very busy. Try later.

See this post if you have trouble with the site: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2012/10/how-to-contact-ea.html

---------------------------------
Please accept a solution if your issue is solved. XP is also appreciated

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 43 (17,404 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've got tyhe same issue with Dragon Valley, and Monte Vista - I have just bought both, and both of them skip the activation code part, tell me they're successfully installed, but then nothing is actually installed.

Since this is happening to two separate instances, I think this must be some kind of setting in the Sims 3 base game.

Message 9 of 43 (17,267 Views)

Hero

Do they show in your purchase history to download ?

https://store.thesims3.com/purchaseHistory.html

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 43 (17,238 Views)