Can't install the Dragon Valley World on the Sims 3??? HELP

by AliceMarie73

Original Post

Re: Can't install the Dragon Valley World on the Sims 3??? HELP

★★★ Newbie

Mines doing this too and its a disk i brought at eb games. What should i do? 

Message 31 of 43 (1,112 Views)

Hero

Did you try all suggestions in this thread ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 32 of 43 (1,106 Views)

★★★ Newbie

All i have seen in all of your posts is the microsoft version of repair. Whack the drive and reinstall everything over and over until it works. I have seen no real solution to anyones problems. Maybe about 1 out of 150 you helped with your whack and reinstall. Dummy me i have whacked all my content and games and have reinstalled all my sims 3 content 14 times to date and still can't get this expansion to work. My game is up to date all bells and whistles and it goes through the motions and keeps erroring and telling me my game isn't up to date. I have auto updated and manual patched till my fingers bleed and still no solution to my problem. A real solution to this problem would be a much needed add to this all be it miserable experiance. Whack your hdd and get back to me with your solution once you reinstall everything. FYI my wife is a computer technition and works on software for a living and she to got very annoyed at your solutions.

Message 33 of 43 (1,066 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Okai, I've mangaged to get Dragon Valley into my purchase history list,, but nothing is happening! Nothing DV related comes up when I start playing the game. What am I doing wrong?!

Message 34 of 43 (832 Views)

Hero

Did you download and install it ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 35 of 43 (827 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having a problem with this as well. I origingally purchased the game about a week and a half ago at Wal-mart. The game tells me it is installed yet I do not see it with the other sims 3 content on my computer and the small logo does not appear in the launcher like the other sims 3 games. I have tried going through some of the suggestion on here. For example, I tried registering the game and using the redeem code. Through the redeem code I was able to to get Celtic Lands; however dragon valley does not show up in the lancher.

When I went to register the game, there are more fields than their are characters in the registration code.

I am currently using a MAC. My game version is 1.67.2.024001. I currently have Supernatural, World Adventures, Pets, University Life, High-end Lot Stuff, and Ambitions.

Please help.

Thanks!

Message 36 of 43 (710 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was having the same problem but i have figured it out. When you bought the disk there should have been two pamphlets in there, the bonus one and the black and white one with all the information on it. On the black and white pamhplet there should be a code, however it is four digits short of a registration code. You need to go to thesims3.com then scroll over the My Page tab > My Account and then click Redeem A Code and enter the code from th eblack and white pamphlet.

Hopefully this works! It worked for me Standard smile

Message 37 of 43 (651 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am also having this problem. I downloaded the game from the website after purchase. It shows up in my downloaded content on the launcher and when I install it it SAYS that the install is successful, and has the icon beside it indicating it has been installed to the game. Yet whenever I launch the game, there is no dragon valley world or content. Upon closing the game and restarting the launcher it acts as if I never installed the downloaded content. I am very frustrated, I have tried all the troubleshooting, and I doubt I will be buying another world expansion.

Message 38 of 43 (611 Views)

Hero

What's your operating system ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 39 of 43 (603 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem, it accepted the code and installed, but will not PLAY the cd. . .for nothing. . .keeps asking for PETS because thats what I played before? Any ideas???

Message 40 of 43 (476 Views)