Re: Can't install the Dragon Valley World on the Sims 3??? HELP

Hero

You need to update your game

Try downloading the patch manually here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Patch-1-39/td-p/67858/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 43 (4,667 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

When I try to download Monte Vista or Dragon Valley from the store, via my purchase history they download as "object"s, not Worlds.  (I have tried downloading Lunar Lakes in the same way and it had "world" under type, not "object")

With the Monte Vista or Dragon Valley "objects", when I click install, the launcher does it's thing all normal and I get a message that the install was successful.... but the world's don't show in my game.  (I could select "new game" for example and Monte vista won't be on the list of towns).

After exiting the game, when I open the launcher again, the Monte Vista or Dragon Valley world will show in the download list as though it hasn't been installed.  I can even try and install it again, and it doesn't say it's already installed, it'll just say the install was successful, but again it doesn't show in the game.

This all started when I uninstalled all custom content to super patch my game with the latest update. Everything else re-installed fine after the update, except these two worlds! Frown My game version is 1.57.62.023017.

Message 22 of 43 (4,664 Views)

Hero

When you download them you download a set with other items in it which is why it's categorized as set in the downloads tab. That is normal (why it wasn't that way for the older worlds, I don't know).

Once you install, you should have an object and a world.

If you don't, try reinstalling all Store Content following the method here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3-Store/FAQ-The-Sims-3-Store/td-p/333394/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 43 (4,656 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How do you get to redeem a code?

Message 24 of 43 (4,519 Views)

Hero

Try to redeem the code here: https://store.thesims3.com/myAccount.html

Where it says redeem a code.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 25 of 43 (4,513 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i just bought Dragon Valley. When I installed it, it shows up as an object- not a world. I can't find it in the drop down where Riverview, Monte Vista, ect are located... What is going on?!

Message 26 of 43 (4,502 Views)

Hero

There should be both. An object (the set itself) and a world.

If it's not there, try reinstalling all Store Content following the method here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3-Store/FAQ-The-Sims-3-Store/td-p/333394/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 27 of 43 (4,497 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My game is up to date, but still doesnt let me pick Dragon Valley as a world, I have the store content but I can't go to Dragon Valley because it isn't in the list, also I can't buy or see any dragons. It is really starting to irritate me.. I didn't spend $20 so I'd have the game but not being able to play it. It isn't in my Purchase History either because I have a diff account but I don't know my info for the other one.. ):

Message 28 of 43 (4,485 Views)

Hero

You can't use something that's on another account.

Best is to get in touch with customer support

Game advisors can be found through live chat.

1. https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ 
  2. Set your language to US at the bottom
  3. Click on Contact a game advisor 
  4. Describe your issue with a few words
  5. Click on Find a Solution
  6. Select Product: ex: The Sims 3 or Origin
  7. Select Issue Type: ex: Billing/Purchasing or Account Management
  8. Select Platform: PC
  9. Click Find solution
  10. Scroll down and click I still need help
  11. Click Chat Now to chat with a Game Advisor

With Pics here: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2012/10/how-to-contact-ea.html

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 43 (4,479 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did you go to the Sims 3 website and the click the redeem code option at the botom of th page? I had the same problm and it took me two hours to figure that out. When you click redeem code it will have four boxes for the code given in the case on the white pamphlet. Type the code in, click purchase history when it pops up, then click download from the page (dont worry, it wont charge again). Hope this helps

Message 30 of 43 (4,377 Views)