Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Can't install stuff packs via Origin (solved - thank you)

by greencats747

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't install stuff packs via Origin (solved - thank you)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I tried to download Katy Perry Sweet Treats and Movie Stuff from my origin account today but I kept getting this error message: Click Here

But my copy of the base game was installed through origin. Please help - I want to install the games I paid for without this hassle. 

Thank you.

Message 1 of 6 (517 Views)

Re: Can't install stuff packs via Origin - DLC errors

[ Edited ]

this issue is cropping up lately (cancel that ) do not click on the download button in origin  right click the game icon in your origin where you see the  (information) button this will open another window that also has a download button click on that to install i'm sure crin has something about it in her blog will edit this post with a link

edit to add found it http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2013/09/dlc-compatibility-alert.html 

game issue questions belong in the forum please do not pm me with game issue questions
Message 2 of 6 (507 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you very much for your help, rumbutter! What you suggested worked :-)

Message 3 of 6 (500 Views)

welcomes  Standard smile  that's great to hear happy simming

game issue questions belong in the forum please do not pm me with game issue questions
Message 4 of 6 (485 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same error message coming up when I try to install Town Life Stuff and Outdoor Living Stuff. I have tried your advice but it still doesn't work. I've tried to update my sims 3 but the game launcher keeps freezing and won't load properly. I don't know how to resolve these problem. I have even tried updating adobe but it hasn't made any difference. 

Message 5 of 6 (480 Views)

try the manual patch http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Current-Patch-1-57-Manual-links-and-more/m-p/67858/highlight... 

and post 2 here in this thread might help you http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/588011.page

Message 6 of 6 (476 Views)

Accepted Solution

this issue is cropping up lately (cancel that ) do not click on the download button in origin  right click the game icon in your origin where you see the  (information) button this will open another window that also has a download button click on that to install i'm sure crin has something about it in her blog will edit this post with a link

edit to add found it http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2013/09/dlc-compatibility-alert.html 

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

Check out the new EA Help!

We want to make finding the help you need better, faster, and easier.

So, we’ve had some work done at help.ea.com