Can't install Sims 3 on my new PC

by aleishabranch

Original Post

Can't install Sims 3 on my new PC

★★★ Newbie

So i recently got a new PC, now I want to install my old Sims 3 game and expansion packs onto my new computer but I just remembered that  I deleted the email to my old origin/sims3 account. I Still have the sims 3 on my old laptop but I can't figure out how to get it onto my new one without my old origin account. I have all the CD's to the games if that makes a difference. I'm still logged in to the game on my old PC but I can't go onto the Sims3 website.

So my question is, without my old origin account can I still install the SIms 3 onto my new PC or have I made it impossible??

Message 1 of 2 (255 Views)

Re: Can't install Sims 3 on my new PC

Hero (Retired)

@aleishabranch Well not impossible but you will have to contact EA customer service about accessing your old account (no you can't create a new one). Once your codes are accepted by the system the codes are locked. If you have a NEW pc I'm guessing it's Windows 10. TS3 runs under Windows 10 but not the same way your used to. TS3 will have to run under Origin. This time we can't blame EA because it's Microsoft Windows 10 that's causing the trouble. Windows 10 does NOT support SecuROM or SafeDisc. I'd rather have Origin then SecuROM (a rootkit). All your old games will work but you need to patch to version 1.69. It took me a little doing, a few choice words, and a reboot and TS3 runs under Windows 10. TS3 requires .net framework 3.5 and this is not enabled under a fresh install of Win 10. All you have to do is download the Origin client, install, and run, and login (yea that).

Message 2 of 2 (240 Views)