Can't install Sims 3 expansion packs

by emilynp13

Original Post

Can't install Sims 3 expansion packs

★★ Novice

HELP! I bought the Sims 3 a few years ago in addition to several expansion packs. I've recently re-installed the base game on my computer, as well as the Generations, World Adventures, and University Life expansion packs. When I open the game, it runs smoothly and I can play no problem. HOWEVER, whenever I try to install the Late Night or Ambitions expansion packs I have problems. I get through the installation okay but when I try to open the game again, I get "an unknown error occurred." When I get this, I go to check the folder where they were supposed to install (with the base game and other expansion packs), and neither of them show up there. I search through my entire computer and it says the files are nowhere to be found. I can uninstall those two expansion packs using the uninstaller, though. Once I uninstall those expansion packs, I can run the game again just fine. I've already double and triple checked to make sure I'm installing them in the right folder, I've tried doing a clean uninstall several times, and I still can't find the issue. Can someone please help???

Message 1 of 4 (406 Views)

Re: Can't install Sims 3 expansion packs

Hero (Retired)

@emilynp13 Is your computer a pc or mac? What is the version of your game - lower left in the launcher?

Message 2 of 4 (382 Views)

★★ Novice

I have a mac, and my game version is 1.67.2.024017

Message 3 of 4 (356 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem, were you able to fix it?

Message 4 of 4 (320 Views)