Can't install Sims 3 Base Game

by eiriuesugi

Original Post

Can't install Sims 3 Base Game

★★ Novice

Okay, I am having a strange issue that I've never experienced before. After I had problems even playing the game after the patch installed, I had to uninstall everything..and now after downloading the base game again,  I can't seem to go through with installing the Sims 3 base game in Origin or even through the install file in the Sims 3 folder under Orgin Games.

I spoke with Customer Service and they walked me through different steps which included Deleting all game installers through origin, manually uninstalling origin, turning off firewall and any antivirus, getting rid of some tasks and even running origin and just the installer through administrator. I'm still having the same problem, so I escaltated my issue and have to wait around 5 days or so to hear something back, but wanted to see if anyone else had this issue and got it solved.

What happens is it'll finish downloading in origin and usually all my games go right ahead and enter the installation process on it's own afterwards, so that striked me as odd when it didn't. So, I hit install and get to the choose your country screen, click next and it'll say 'installing' under the game in origin, but then doesn't go any further and just stops. I got a bit futher through the actual install file in the folder, to the 'accept agreement' screen and then it just stops there. I'm on Windows 7 and never had problems  installing this game before until now.

Message 1 of 14 (11,764 Views)

Re: Can't install Sims 3 Base Game

★★ Novice

Anyone?

Message 2 of 14 (11,653 Views)

★ Pro

Hi

These are the troubleshooting steps for installing from Origin: https://help.ea.com/article/how-to-troubleshoot-installation-issues

If you've already tried that, either alone or with the help of a game advisor, the only thing I've got to say is wait for them to give you a feedback since you escalated this issue.

Good luck Confusedmileywink:

Message 3 of 14 (11,636 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks, but I tried all these steps and even spoke to someone higher and we're still attempting to solve the issue. They're going to check my logs from Origin to see if it's anything from that and hopefully give me a call back soon. Thank you again, though. Standard smile

Message 4 of 14 (11,613 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have been trying to re install my base game for days now, and origin keeps wanting to re istall Late Night first instead. Did I just waste my money on all the Sims 3 games ?

Message 5 of 14 (11,062 Views)

Hero

Could you describe in more details where it fails.

I assume you want to download and install from Origin and not from the disc ? Are there any left overs on your computer from the old installation ?

Try uninstalling following the instructions here: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 14 (11,056 Views)

★ Novice

I have a problem like this too...It'll get all the way to 100% on Origin, but never really install on my own computer. I've been fighting desperatly with this on my own computer, and even my sister can get it to work on her computer, which is an old XP, while I have a Windows 7.... I've been attempting to get help from EA multiple times (one was a 30 minute long conversation.) and nothing really helped. \

I am not sure if this totally relates, but I am desprate here... I bought 3 expansion packs, and I don't want to throw money in the garbage.

Message 7 of 14 (9,276 Views)

Hero

I don't know what EA made you try so apologize if you already tried the suggestions.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 14 (9,266 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problem with XP.  any solutions yet.

Message 9 of 14 (7,427 Views)

Hero (Retired)

What have you tried? Have you tried all the things above?

Message 10 of 14 (7,421 Views)