Can't get simpoints

by lisalikespie

Original Post

Can't get simpoints

★★★ Novice

I recently purchased The Sims 3 and my game says on the back that it comes with 1,000 free simpoints to shop online. Can sombody please tell me how to redeem them? It didn't come with a code for simpoints, only a serial number. Thanks!

Message 1 of 7 (219 Views)

Re: Can't get simpoints

★★ Apprentice

Register on the Sims 3 site www.thesims3.com.

Make sure you use the same email address that the game was registered with.

In the store account page you will see an option to redeem free sims points.

Hope this helps Standard smile

Message 2 of 7 (217 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for the quick reply! I have registered on the site. Do I need to register my game? Whenever I try to do this by clicking the 'register a game' button it takes me to a page which says 'this webpage is not available' and even when I try to refresh does not do anything. I can only seem to find a 'redeem a code' button but I do not have a code to redeem?

Thanks. 

Message 3 of 7 (213 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Have you registered your base game? That is (as far as I'm aware) one of the compulsory steps of registering. If it is registered and shows up on your My Page, then you should have gotten your simpoints. Try the last step ^^ but if it doesn't work, contact a game advisor: http://eahelp.ea.com/en/ . For help with navigating the site, see this: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2012/10/how-to-contact-ea.html

Message 4 of 7 (209 Views)

★★★ Novice

I don't think I have, I'm not sure. Should I create a new account? If so will this erase anything or change anything on my game? 

Message 5 of 7 (206 Views)

★★★ Novice

No worries! I think the register a game button is bugged! I clicked on the one directly in my account and it appears to allow me to register my game now. Thankyou very much for trying to help!

Message 6 of 7 (205 Views)

Hero (Retired)

That's great. Did you get the simpoints?

Please accept a solution

Message 7 of 7 (202 Views)