Re: Can't download store content

by roberta591

Original Post

Can't download store content

★★ Novice

So I have been through tons of forum questions and tried dozens of troubleshooting tips and the game will not download my content. I have several items in the store purchase history (including the town of Riverview) that just won't download to the launcher. I click to download, a blank tab is opened, then nothing happens. I've tried Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Edge and I get nearly the same result on each. On Internet Explorer I get a dozen tabs telling me I need to purchase an app from the store to run the files. I've cleared my browser cashes, I've tried downloading it with the Sims launcher closed or Origin closed or both and still nothing works. This is a really broken system and I'd like to play with all the content I own. I've even been able to download these things on another computer in the past, it just won't work now for some reason and I'm really frustrated. Get it together, EA. 

Message 1 of 8 (450 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Cthuwu_xo Are you trying to download from the purchase history? When you click download you need to use the sims3launcher app. If you saved the default program you need to change what to do with .sims3pack files. In Windows you need to open the control panel, default programs, associate a file type or protocol with a program. If there is a .sims3pack entry you need to change the file type association to default or Sims3Launcher. The file needs to download to the download tab of the game launcher.

Message 2 of 8 (434 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for the prompt answer! I am trying to download from the purchase history, but my .sims3pack files are already set to the Sims3Launcher as their default. I really don't know what other problems there could be. 

Message 3 of 8 (421 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Cthuwu_xo What anti virus program are you using? Is the login and password the same for Origin and thesims3.com? Something is blocking the method of downloading from the store. It looks like windows is not opening the launcher after you click download in purchase history. Is the game in Origin? What is the version of the game (lower left in the launcher)?

Message 4 of 8 (408 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm using AVG, but I've tried disabling it and even adblock/popup blockers when downloading. My login information is the same, though I'm not certain the accounts are connected (the usernames are different but they should auto connect with email, right? If not, I'm not sure how to connect them...) It is in Origin, and it's version 1.69.43.024017. Thanks so much for your help!

Message 5 of 8 (397 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Cthuwu_xo Did the other computer have AVG and the blockers? When you installed the game on the other computer did you use the same logins? I found AVG had too many false positives. I have been using Microsoft Security Essentials and found it to be adequate. MSE does a good job for consumers. If the game installs on one computer and not the laptop the installer works but something is blocking the software on the laptop.

Message 6 of 8 (391 Views)

★★ Novice

Now that I think about it, I may have used Steam the first time instead of Origin. That computer did have AVG as well. I'll look into the antivirus, thanks. 

Message 7 of 8 (375 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Cthuwu_xo I use Origin as well as Steam and have had no issues. You can use the Steam codes in Origin.

Message 8 of 8 (368 Views)