Can't download a certain item from the store

by mahori16

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't download a certain item from the store

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I am trying to download the item I just bought from "thesims3.com" called the "Level Up Collection" and every time I try to download it, it says " There was an error while downloading content. Please see the log for more details'. How can I download this item without this problem? This has never happened to me before and I don't know why it doesn't work only for this.

Message 1 of 7 (225 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't download a certain item from the store

Hero

Doesn't matter which EPs you have, you should keep your game up-to-date. Especially if you want to download from the Store.

Did you try the incremental or the super patch ? Since you are probably not at 1.38 you will need the super patch.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (214 Views)

All Replies

Hero

What is your base game version right now ?

To find out, open your launcher and hover over the little base game icon in the lower left part of the launcher. It should say 1.39.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (217 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It says 12.0.273.015001, but my launcher never tells me when there is an update so I can not update my game either.

Message 3 of 7 (214 Views)

Hero

This is not the base game patch version. Hover over the base game icon in the launcher.

If it's not up-to-date, try the manual patch linked here: 

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Patch-1-39/td-p/67858/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (209 Views)

★★★ Newbie

When I try to download this patch it says "Update Error:Invalid file found" I don't have "Supernatural" I only have "Showtime"

Message 5 of 7 (205 Views)

Hero

Doesn't matter which EPs you have, you should keep your game up-to-date. Especially if you want to download from the Store.

Did you try the incremental or the super patch ? Since you are probably not at 1.38 you will need the super patch.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (215 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you! This worked, and the "Level Up Collection" downloaded!

Message 7 of 7 (200 Views)