maybe u should try to redownload it

by hamoudie11

Original Post

Can't connect with Origin!

★ Novice

Before anyone says your origin probably isn't up to date because it is.So heres the story I download Sims 3 from disc it says do you want the download manger it asks if you want it updated it transforms to Origin I get on Origin because I bought Sims 3 Late Night before so I download it , it doesn't install because my Sims 3 isn't up to date I go to Sims 3 launcher go to Game Updates it says unable to connect with EA download manger and also says your game is up to date with the Update Now button in gray my version is 1.0.631! PLEASE HELP

Message 1 of 16 (10,584 Views)

Re: Can't connect with Origin!

Hero

To patch use the manual patch here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Current-Patch-1-39-Manual-links-and-more/td-p/67858/jump-to/... (super patch)

- Are there any traces of the EADM left on the computer and registry or is it strictly all Origin ?

- Did you try if temporarily turning off firewall and anti virus makes a difference ? 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 16 (10,510 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

i find also that this error goes away after i close my origin client and then re open it.

Let us know if that worked.

Message 3 of 16 (10,509 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Okay! You're probably getting something like this:

Screenshot (this screenshot was taken before patch 1.39. Pay no attention to the game version)

I have a resolution for this problem. It happens after changing the email address on your account.

What happens is that you already have a file called ChallengeData.package

When you change the email address that is connected to your account, a second ChallengeData.package file gets generated causing confusion because both files seem to get paged at the same time.

So, you must remove the older ChallengeData.package.

1. Go to your game files

2. Click on Downloads

3. You will see two folders with a long number as folder names.

- One folder will have a ChallengeData.package in it by itself.

-The other folder will have 2 files: ChallengeData.package and PassportData.package

-The folder with 2 files in it contains your older ChallengeData.package file. Cut that file and paste it to a new folder on your desktop and name it something like backup for launcher.

4.Select ALL files in your downloads folder that begin with dynamicchallenge and the .bin file with your current email address ex: youremail@service.com.bin Cut and paste these to the new folder on your desktop. If you see a file with your old email address in your downloads folder. Delete that file.

Restart your launcher.

Tada!

This seems to be the ONLY way to eliminate this problem so far.

Message 4 of 16 (10,506 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hmm this could also help with my downloding problems two Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 5 of 16 (10,466 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Can you further dumify your "to do" list? I don't know what you mean by game files. If you mean the EA folder, and then downloads, then I can't find what you're talking about. 

Thanks!

Message 6 of 16 (10,322 Views)

Hero (Retired)

go to your documents EA folder open that then there is a folder Sims3 open that there you will find the downloads folder

Message 7 of 16 (10,319 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

Message 8 of 16 (9,803 Views)

★★★ Newbie

look what i did to try to fix this problem is to go to www.sims3.com and try to find it there on the search.I tried that and it .................

Message 9 of 16 (8,966 Views)

★★ Novice

It's not working for me

Message 10 of 16 (8,890 Views)