Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Can't connect to internet using Sims 3 launcher, but I am able to connect with everything else.. Help?

by alyssa0591

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't connect to internet using Sims 3 launcher, but I am able to connect with everything else.. Help?

★★★★ Newbie

I just finished installing the Sims 3 supernatural and seasons on my Mac, but when I open up the launcher when I click on the seasons icon, it goes to the last Sims expansion pack I installed which is generations, and doesn't even say that either of the expansion packs I just installed are there and continues to tell me to insert the generations CD instead of the seasons CD. We have a router for the internet, so I'm not sure if that would have anything to do with the problem, the fact that the Sims 3 launcher won't even connect to the internet. I am no good with computers so please tell if there is anything else I can do. 

Anywhere else I go that doesn't have a router I can connect to the internet fine with the Sims 3 launcher on my Mac, but for some reason I can't with the router. 

Message 1 of 3 (1,458 Views)

Re: Can't connect to internet using Sims 3 launcher, but I am able to connect with everything else.. Help?

Community Manager

Hi alyssa0591,

Please try to update your game manually:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Current-Patch-1-47-Manual-links-and-more/td-p/67858

Message 2 of 3 (1,419 Views)

Re: Can't connect to internet using Sims 3 launcher, but I am able to connect with everything else.. Help?

★★★★ Novice

I am having the problem related above from last year.  I just downloaded the new expansion Paradise Island today.  I have the latest patch 1.55.  Iuse Windows7.  I have all the expansions and stuff packs.  I use custom content.  The last game I installed was Dragon Valley.  The game has worked great so far.  After downloading Paradise Island I get the "can't connect to the internet to authorize game ownership" error.  I have the dowloaded version from Origin.com.  I thought the serial code might not have been updated with Origin, so I went to the Sims3 website and tried to register the new expansion.  But the s/n is invalid/used/ etc.  If I uninstall Paradise Island, the game works fine again.  Any help would be appreciated.  I pre-ordered this expansion because I really want to play it!  I'm very disappointed that on my first day I can't get into the game with it!

Message 3 of 3 (1,137 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hi alyssa0591,

Please try to update your game manually:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Current-Patch-1-47-Manual-links-and-more/td-p/67858

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

Check out the new EA Help!

We want to make finding the help you need better, faster, and easier.

So, we’ve had some work done at help.ea.com