Re: Can't connect to EA download manager

by AngryPinkMoose

Original Post

Can't connect to EA download manager

★★★ Newbie

When I bring up the Sims 3 launcher it say's unable to connect to origin download manager! I've installed and reinstalled origin which didn't work! I've unistalled all my Sims games and re-downloaded and reinstalled the Sims base game and now it says unable to connect to download manager and I Can't install any of my other games till the base game is updated! What do I do?

Message 1 of 10 (10,596 Views)

Hero (Retired)

See this link:

Also please in the future, type your question into the search box at the top of the page as there are about five different posts on this already.

Confusedmileyhappy: 

Welcome to the Answer HQ!!! Confusedmileyvery-happy:

Message 2 of 10 (10,523 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks but I had already looked it up before posting and I had already seen this link and it wasn't helpful! But thanks for trying I think I've found my own solution now!

Message 3 of 10 (10,518 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Oh, golly... Confusedmileyembarrassed: Sorry!!!! The majority of people don't even bother to do research. I'm giving you XP for that! 

I hope your idea works, if it does will you please post it so that everyone else can see it it works for them? If it does can you also send me a PM so that I know? 

Thanks and I hope everything works out for you. 

Message 4 of 10 (10,514 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hiya, i'm having the same problem, what was your solution? 

Message 5 of 10 (10,293 Views)

★★★ Newbie
It didnt work! I finally got it to update through the link by restarting everything and uninstalling and reinstalling origin again for the third time and running everything as administrator! But it still won't connect to origin so if there's n e more updates ill have to manually install them again! Which is stupid since the point of origin was supposed to b to do it for you!
Message 6 of 10 (10,288 Views)

★ Novice

hey I had the same problem and I got mine fixed and this is how share this linkhttp://youtu.be/Z9t35RT5oUY I hope this helps

Message 7 of 10 (10,145 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problem and I just purchased the Sims 3 university life only it wont let me install it until the Sims 3 is updated.. I feel as if I've wasted 40 dollars and anytime I try to contact EA it says I cannot connect to the live chat.. I've tried everything I can think of and have been doing this for 4 hours. To be honest this pisses me off and if I can't fix the problem I don't know if ill ever be a costumer of EA again.

Message 8 of 10 (8,861 Views)

★ Novice

how did you manage to solve it? 

Message 9 of 10 (3,588 Views)

★★ Novice

I  finally got it to work. Here's how:

1. Double click your (CStandard smile drive.
  2. Expand Program Files (x86).
  3. Expand Electronic Arts file.
  4. Expand EADM file.
  5. Make sure you have an EA download manager installed. Go through the install process to make sure anyway.

If Origin tries to interrupt the download by asking for permissions to make changes to your computer, decline them. I noticed that as soon as I clicke on the new EA Download Manager desktop icon, that it started to patch my Sims 3 game launcher, but it was interrupted by Origin. I gave it permissions without thinking, because I assumed it was part of the patch process. However, when I gave it permissions, both my EA Downlad Manager desktop icon and the patch downloader dissapeared completely and my launcher was still not updated. Orign was being like a parasite or something and eating up my EA Download Manager!! When I tried again, I declined permission to Origin and...... My expansions are FINALLY downlading on a completely up to date launcher! =D

Hope this is what the problem was, cuz I can't help beyond this.

Message 10 of 10 (3,062 Views)