Can't connect to EA Download Manager

by shelbysosp

Original Post

Can't connect to EA Download Manager

★★ Newbie

I've looked online at things before for this problem but I still haven't found a solution. I've updated my Windows, Java, Flash, everything. I can't update my Sims 3 either for some reason. I would really like this fixed so I don't have to keep losing what I was doing each time....It won't even log me on when I start the game.

Message 1 of 9 (6,292 Views)

Re: Can't connect to EA Download Manager

Hero

Try downloading the patch manually here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Patch-1-39/td-p/67858/

---------------------------------
Please accept a solution if your issue is solved. XP is also appreciated
I don't work or have any association with EA
Questions belong in the forums. I don't answer questions via PM.
Help us helpers to help you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (6,244 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having this problem. Running  64-bit Windows 8.1.  What happens is I install the game normallyand run launcher.  this is when I get the error message that Cannot connect to EA Download Manager.  After thouroughly scouring the internet for solutions, All i keep seeing is "manually patch" So I do this...... Sims 3 works. BUT every time i start the launcher it still says cannot connect to the download manager.  I cannot run expansions (of which i own every single one) without updating the game.  The manual patch allows me to at least install the expansion packs, BUT when I do, i have a different situation altogether.

I run the Sims 3 Launcher.  

It still says cannot connect to download manager, but since I have manually patched, I know that i shouldn't need to.

I hit the play button, launcher goes away, mouse icon goes to "loading"

Everything stops and it is no longer running.

If I run sims 3 without expansions after manual patch, the base game works fine.  BUT i didnt pay for every single expansion pack to use the base game only.  I have tried

-RUnning as administrator 

-Changing the  Data Execution Prevention Settings (this program must run with DEP enabled, you cannot turn it off)

-Uninstalling/reinstalling numerous times

-Adding exceptions to firewall

-Running in compatibility mode for windows xp sp3

-and probably 4 other things that i can't think of at the moment. 

Message 3 of 9 (5,939 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hi siddyb3 have you managed to get your problem sorted out as it sounds exactly the same as mine? I got a new computer just to play the sims on and the same as you I can play the base game, but I did manage to add WA, but if I try to add any other ex packs it just will not play. Also the same as you I have tried everything that has been suggested and this wasn't easy as I'm rubbish with computers and I've even done live chat several times but still no joy...Confusedmileysad:

Message 4 of 9 (5,845 Views)

★ Novice
Have you fixed this problem yet, same thing is happening to me base game works with the manual patch installed, I can install the expansion packs and it will not load, and I keep on getting a pop up saying cant connect to ea download manager ive tried compatibility settings for xp, vista and windows 7, uninstalled everything and deleted the registry entries, changed the dep settings, ive been on a chat with ea and nothing has worked. Im running windows 8.1 64bit.
Message 5 of 9 (5,805 Views)

★★ Novice

This is identical to my problem. I am on windows 8.1 and after installing the superpatch and then installing my expansions (ambitions, generations) the game won't load. I've tried restarting and removing the cache files, but nothing.

I did manage to get ambitions working fine by using incremental patches (installing them one by one). It was time-consuming but at least it worked. Unfortunately I can't find links to incremental patches past the ambitions expansion so there's no way to patch it up to compatibility with generations. So now I'm stuck.

Message 6 of 9 (4,912 Views)

★★ Novice

Has anyone had any luck so far? I have the exact same problem as you guys Confusedmileysad:

Message 7 of 9 (4,638 Views)

★★★ Novice

That is exactly the same problem I am having too, I'm gonna try and speak to ea support.

Message 8 of 9 (4,614 Views)

Hero

Try the tips here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Unable-to-connect-with-origin/td-p/186744/

EA Download Manager is Origin now

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (4,601 Views)