Re: Can't click on any gates

by HippieWiccan13

Original Post

Can't click on any gates

★ Novice
When I try to click on a gate to lock it as usual, nothing happens. The cursor doesn't even change! I've tried different gates, with moveobject on, in live build and buy modes. Shift ctrl and right click let me lock, but not lock only to pets like I always have done. Help! I haven't downloaded any custom content for a long time, and am only just having this trouble today.
Message 1 of 16 (4,113 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @Suabam,

I'm sorry to read you are having issues with your game. Let's try something, ok? Create a new game or load a different game, and check if you have the same issue in that other game. Are you still unable to lock doors?

This will help us know if the problem is happening in only one save game or in all of them. Wink

-Mai

Message 2 of 16 (4,094 Views)

★ Novice
Hello! Thanks for getting back to me Standard smile My other save games are working ok Standard smile
Message 3 of 16 (4,079 Views)

★ Novice

Can anyone else help? No one has gotten back to me Frown

Message 4 of 16 (4,051 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @Suabam,

Could you try other households in the same save games to check if the issue is happening only in that house or it happens in all the houses of that save game?

If it's only in that house, we could try to save the lot in your library and place it again somewhere else, that might help. Or you could move your family to another house. Also, have you tried to click with different sims selected?

-Mai

Message 5 of 16 (4,034 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I am having the same issue and it just started today.  I have tried different houses, sims, saves, everything I can think of...

Message 6 of 16 (3,997 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @HippieWiccan13,

Do you remember having done any changes in your computer or game since the last time you played? For example, have you installed any mods in the game? That could explain why it started to happen suddenly. Wondering

-Mai

Message 7 of 16 (3,991 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Nope, nothing.  I also cannot interact with any sims or click on my own sim.  It seems my game is having a nervous breakdown!

Message 8 of 16 (3,989 Views)

EA app Team

Ok @HippieWiccan13, could you try this?:

1. Go to Documents \ Electronic Arts
  2. Rename 'The Sims 3' folder as 'The Sims 3 old'.
  3. Open your game again. You won't have any of your save games, but don't worry, they are in the folder we just renamed.
  4. Check if the game works as it should.
  5. Let us know if it does or not, and we will decide what to do depending on the result Wink

-Mai

Message 9 of 16 (3,982 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Oh wow!  I never saw your reply...so sorry!  I will be trying this is a few minutes and I will let you know if it works.

Message 10 of 16 (3,963 Views)