Can't Install my Digital Download Stuff Pack

by thunderdweller

Original Post

Can't Install my Digital Download Stuff Pack

★★ Novice

I purchased Digital Download for Sims 3 70s, 80s, and 90s Stuff Pack, and downloaded the game, then pressed the 'Install' button. A file for the game appeared in my game folder, but the content is not in my game, and the 'Install' button has been replaced by a 'Play' button, with no way for me to try to re-install. I need that 'play' button to turn back into the 'install' button.

I bought Sims 3 Fast Lane Stuff Pack on the same day, but I waited 24 hours before installing, and that content did appear in my game.

I had something similar happen to my Sims 3 University Life digital download, but after emailing for help, the 'Play' button had turned back into the 'Install' button, and the game installed properly the second time.

Message 1 of 6 (481 Views)

Re: Can't Install my Digital Download Stuff Pack

★★ Guide

When did you last update your games?

Have you ever uninstalled Origin in the past?

Message 2 of 6 (474 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Origin, but there is still no way for me to install the Stuff Pack. I had never previously tried uninstalling Origin. I am fully updated on all patches, including the patch that came out today.

Message 3 of 6 (468 Views)

Hero

What's your operating system ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (457 Views)

★★ Novice

Mac Lion?

When this happened with University and I emailed Origin about it, I never got a reply, but the button had changed from 'Play' to 'Install', allowing me to install. I just assumed that somebody at Origin had manually reset the button for me, but perhaps not. At any rate, it seems that trying to install a digital download immediately after buying doesn't work. Waiting 24 hours to install worked with my other game.

In the meantime, I've no idea how to install the game. I tried deleting the 70s 80s 90s Stuff Pack folder that appeared after my first attempt to install, to see if that would prompt Origin to replace that unhelpful 'Play' button with the 'Install' button, but no luck so far. Pressing 'Play' launches the Sims game, minus the content of the stuff pack.

Message 5 of 6 (452 Views)

Hero

Here's a few trouble shooting steps: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Links-to-Mac-help-threads-and-guides/m-p/749664#U749664

If those don't help, I would suggest posting in the mac forum at thesims3.com (make sure your language is set to US): http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/forums/show/205.page since macs are not well covered on the AnswerHQ.

I also see if one of the few mac helpers here can check in but they're not online that much atm.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (445 Views)