Can't Install Sims 3 Pack Please Update Game

by xCalicox

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't Install Sims 3 Pack Please Update Game

★ Novice

So I've been having this problem for a while now, it seems many people have.

I have EP's: AMB,WA,LN,PETS, and ST

(no SP's)

I've reinstalled the game 3 times already trying to get this problem to be fixed.

Essentially:

When I try to install sims3packs via the launcher, some of them have an error message saying "Please update your game", when I know I have the most current 1.38 patch installed. This will happen with worlds, sims, etc.

I have no clue what to do about this and have been searching forever. Please help!! 

Thank you

Message 1 of 3 (1,055 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't Install Sims 3 Pack Please Update Game

★ Novice

Yes, I believe the ones that aren't working are from the exchange.

But it's completely random, some will work, some won't.

I've also been making sure that the files I am downloading are ones that actually will work with my EP's

Just recently this morning I've been testing to see if when I click on "Add to game" instead of the save file to see if that works better.

So far, it totally works

Files that I had put in my downloads folder won't work, but if I redownload them via the launcher, then it works without the error message.

EA needs to get this together haha!

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (1,158 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Is this happening with ALL downloads or just some and are those downloads from the exchange ?

Some Exchange stuff has had this issue especially when you save the to the desktop first and then install instead of installing directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (1,033 Views)

★ Novice

Yes, I believe the ones that aren't working are from the exchange.

But it's completely random, some will work, some won't.

I've also been making sure that the files I am downloading are ones that actually will work with my EP's

Just recently this morning I've been testing to see if when I click on "Add to game" instead of the save file to see if that works better.

So far, it totally works

Files that I had put in my downloads folder won't work, but if I redownload them via the launcher, then it works without the error message.

EA needs to get this together haha!

Message 3 of 3 (1,159 Views)