Can't Install Late Night due to "Error: Data Error (Cyclic redundancy check)"

by jonratch

Original Post

Can't Install Late Night due to "Error: Data Error (Cyclic redundancy check)"

★★★ Newbie

Briefly, whenever I try to install my copy of "Late Night: Expansion Pack", I continually come across a frequent problem at the point where at any given point ((It reads (Most frequently) "File E:\Bin\Gameplay\GameplayData.package", and a line below that, no matter what other file the game had trouble Intalling (The file is not always the same), it reads "Error: Data Error (Cyclic redundacy check)") a pop-up appears and stops the installation.

The options "Retry" and "Cancel" are it. "Retry" allows a few more files try to download before the one with the problem comes back up and it reads the same message all over again in the same pop-up. Needless to say, "Retry" has thus far proven a fruitless if not deceptive option. "Cancel" is equal to pressing the "X" button in the top right-corner of the box during installation; it stops the download completely.

I've gotten to the very end of the Installation and it always requires just one error to make the whole process null and void.

I have tried to be all inclusive of the problem's details. Should any further details be needed, I will be checking back regularly. After all, I really, really very much want that piano.

Regards,

Jonratch

Message 1 of 4 (4,166 Views)

Re: Can't Install Late Night due to "Error: Data Error (Cyclic redundancy check)"

Community Manager

Have you seen this thread?

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Can-t-Install-Late-Night-due-to-amp-quot-Error-Data-Error-Cyclic...

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 2 of 4 (4,095 Views)

Re: Can't Install Late Night due to "Error: Data Error (Cyclic redundancy c

★★★ Newbie

Okay. . . so at least I know I'm not the only one with this problem, however, I NEED TO KNOW, what is the solution?

IT WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED IF SOMEONE COULD ANSWER ME ASAP!!

Message 3 of 4 (3,278 Views)

Re: Can't Install Late Night due to "Error: Data Error (Cyclic redundancy c

Hero (Retired)

Try the suggestions here: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/03/error-cyclic-redundancy-check.html

Solution

• Update your DVD drive firmware
  • Exchange your DVD
  • Clean your Registry with CCleaner
  • Defrag your Computer
  • Turn off your AntiVirus program
  • Copy the contents of the DVD to your desktop and install it from there
  • Download a copy of the game through the Origin and install that. You don’t need to rebuy the game, just enter the serial code of the DVD Version
  • Remove conflicting Software from your Computer
  • If you have problems with the download version, try the following
    • Click on the red x in the upper right part of the Sims 3 download to clear the Origin cache.
    • Redownload The Sims 3; do not pause the download.
Message 4 of 4 (3,276 Views)