Can't Connect to EA Download Manager Error

by DaphneBomb16

Original Post

Can't Connect to EA Download Manager Error

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

First things first my computer runs Windows 8.1, has no firewall or antivirus enabled, and was factory reset before sims instalation.

I have installed the Sims 3 Base Game (Disc)  followed by the 1.67 Super Patcher, after that I installed World Adventrues, Ambitions & Night Life expansions by disc with no problems. (The "Cannot Conncect To EA Download Manger" error came up but did not affect game launch."

I then intalled the latest version of Origin (even tried the newet Beta) but the "Cannot Connect To EA Download Manager" error is still persistant. I am sure both my game and Origin program are up to date and my Sims 3 account is conncected to both of them. Even in clean start the launcher will not recognize Origin.

This would not be a problem except for when I download the rest of my expansion packs (Outdoor Living Stuff & Generations) through the Origin program, I get an error saying that "The intalled version of the Sims 3 is more recent than this product,  make sure to connect to the internet and install updates in order to play Sims 3."

I had read in other forms that with the Superpatcher that the mesage could be ignored but when I ignore it and open my launcher for the origin installed expansion pack, after I push the play button on the laucher, the launcher closes and the game does not load or start. I tried manually downloading the update for the expansion pack and even reinstalling the super patch but the result is the same. However, if I uninstall the Orgin expansion pack the disc based expansions will play.

It seem as if Origin is conncecting to the Launcher (it knows what version base game I have) but the launcher is not recognizing Origin (not showing their reccommended updates) because it is still looking for EA Download Manager even though the game is fully updated. I think this miscommunication is causing the problem with playing the Origin installed games. (P.S. I have tried downloading the EA Download Manger through the link in the Sims 3 support files and updating to Origin that way but once it become Origin the Sims 3 launcher no longer recognizes it."

I really would appreciate any insight on this problem. Thank you for your time,

Message 1 of 2 (649 Views)

Re: Can't Connect to EA Download Manager Error

Hero

What version does your launcher show now ?

Could you post this info: 

1. Click on Start and then type the following into the search prompt at the bottom: perfmon /rel
  2. Press Enter to proceed.
  3. A window will open and in there you can click on the red circles with a white X.
  4. After clicking the X, the info on the bottom will update. Choose the Sims 3 Critical Event one and right click on it and choose "View Technical Details"
  5. Now on the next window, choose Copy to clipboard at the very bottom and post this into a reply to us here.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (626 Views)