Re: Can i install Sims 3 on two separate computers?

by XGeneralalenX

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can i install Sims 3 on two separate computers?

★★ Novice

I have two separate computers, one Mac and other is PC. The Mac is for me, but i would like to install Sims 3 on the PC for my family members. When i tryed to install Sim 3 on my Origin account, it kept saying the PRODUCTCODE was invalid, which i already used for my Mac, is there any possible way that i can install the game and its expansion backs onto the PC? 

Message 1 of 21 (7,131 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Ok, I think I know where the confusion is coming from.

Origin is two different things. There's an Origin account and an Origin client. The Origin Account has nothing to do with your operating system. If you install a game on your computer (doesn't matter if that is PC or MAC) and register it at thesim3.com, the game gets automatically added to your Origin account. I have all my games on my Origin account although I don't have the Origin client installed and never registered anything at Origin itself. I only registered at thesims3.com.

The Origin client is what you download to your computer. There's a mac version and a PC version for that and that is what you can't download since you have an old mac version. That does not mean that your game isn't already registered at Origin.

If you now try to register the code at the Origin Website, you get an invalid or already used error since when you registered at thesims3.com (provided you did that), the game got added to your Origin account. The Origin website does not show you which games you have. You can only see that at the Origin client or your myPage on thesims3.com.

So the questions is: Did you download the Origin client to your PC and is the game showing up on the client for you to download ? If it's not there, only customer support can really help you with this. If it is, you download it to your PC and install it from there. Once it's downloaded, it will ask for your code again. If this is where you get the error message, then you also need to contact customer support.

I hope this clears up the confusion and that's really what the issue is.

---------------------------

Customer support can be found here: https://help.ea.com/contact-us/ask

Choose a category, a game and a platform for the contact options to show up.

If live chat is gray, change your country to US and make sure you're on US Business hours. It might also gray because they're very busy. Try later.

See this post if you have trouble with the site: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2012/10/how-to-contact-ea.html

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 18 of 21 (4,758 Views)

All Replies

Hero

You should be able to download them from the Origin account. You only need to register once then it shows up in the Origin client and from there you can install again.

You won't be able to play at the same time though cause only one given computer can be logged in the Origin account at one given time.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 21 (7,125 Views)

★★ Novice

But the thing is that, your cant get Origin for Mac?

Message 3 of 21 (7,121 Views)

Hero (Retired)

yes there is an origin for mac's http://www.ea.com/uk/news/origin-for-apple-mac   check it out to see if it's compatabile with your mac the FAQ is linked in the page aswell

Message 4 of 21 (7,118 Views)

★★ Novice

Sadly my mac isn't, I got a old 2009 MacBookPro

Message 5 of 21 (7,111 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Frown  sorry about that

Message 6 of 21 (7,108 Views)

★★ Novice

Is there anything i can do? I will be extremely happy if i be able to get it without wasting $40 and getting another 1

Message 7 of 21 (7,106 Views)

Hero (Retired)

as i'm not a mac user i will bring this to the attention of gaa who is a mac user as gaa may be on line tonight or the morning but gaaa will respond to you when possiable

Message 8 of 21 (7,100 Views)

Hero

I don't get it.

You said it was working on your Mac but you can't download to the PC. Did you download the Origin client to your PC ? Does the game not show upt there ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 21 (7,098 Views)

★★ Novice

Okay here is the problem im having. I downloaded Sims 3 Starter Pack on my Mac. I also wanted to download the my PC, When i insert the Disk, Origin opens up asking me for the ProductCode. I put the same ProductCode in, as i did with my Mac, and Origin says The ProductCode is Invalid. I thought the mistake was me, and checked the code over and over again, and i was typing it down right, but Origin keeps saying its Invalid

Message 10 of 21 (7,084 Views)