Can I play sims 3 downloaded from origin without internet connection?

by jessicalouisa

Original Post

Can I play sims 3 downloaded from origin without internet connection?

★ Novice

So I dowloaded Sims 3 and some expansion packs which I own on disc from origin yesterday to my laptop without a disc drive, but it won't let me play them when I am not connected to the internet. It says something about checking that its a legal copy. Is it possible for me to play without internet connection? Thanks so much!

Message 1 of 12 (15,766 Views)

Re: Can I play sims 3 downloaded from origin without internet connection?

Hero

Don't think so. You don't need to be connected all the time but it needs the inital connection to verify your copy.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (15,762 Views)

★ Novice

@crinrict wrote:

Don't think so. You don't need to be connected all the time but it needs the inital connection to verify your copy.

Do you know if this will happen every time I play? :/

Message 3 of 12 (15,760 Views)

Hero

No, not sure. Never used the download version myself.

Maybe someone that does can answer that question.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 12 (15,756 Views)

Hero

Just talked to someone who uses the download versions and he said, he was almost positive that it's only once.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 12 (15,753 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Good question.

I paid and downloaded the sims 3 from origin.  I wanted it for my daughter, she leaves tomorrow on a long trip and has no internet.  however she wants to take her laptop to play the sims 3 on holiday... I have no idea if she'll be able to play the game ...

Anyone an idea ?

Message 6 of 12 (15,597 Views)

Hero

From what I know now, it needs to verify once against the Origin server and then she should be able to play but it's quite easy to find out before hand.

Turn off the Internet connection on the laptop and try play.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 12 (15,593 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

It will play. I have a mix of downloaded version and disk versions. You only need to verify once, that's when the game is installed via download, or you manual input the cd key with a disk version. Then you will be prompted to the update and that's it. I play sims with or w/o the internet connected and so far its been working.

Message 8 of 12 (15,586 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have been prompted to update constantly, and after updateing 3 times (I thought that each were successful, but it keeps asking me to update again and again, so obviously I am not doing it quite right!) I have, each time, download the sims. And now, for the first time away from the internet, It won't let me play it. Does anyone know how to get it to work, so I don't have to be constantly connected to the Internet? Please help!
Message 9 of 12 (14,829 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hi guys just wanted to know must i stay connected to the internet while the sims is downloading?

Message 10 of 12 (8,382 Views)