Re: Can I delete DCBackup?

by roberta591

Original Post

Can I delete DCBackup?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I read that I can speed up my game by deleting all of the files in the folder called "DCBackup" except ccmerged.package

Is this safe to do???

Message 1 of 9 (896 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@HippieWiccan13 There are some files in that folder that shouldn't be deleted. IMO if you don't know exactly what the purpose of each file is I would recommend to leave the folder alone unless it is determined there is an issue. While some of the files may not be needed now, the files may come into play in the future. Is there a reason you want to "speed" up the game?

Message 2 of 9 (884 Views)

★★ Novice

I have a lot of CC and it lags a bit. 

Message 3 of 9 (876 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@HippieWiccan Is your computer a pc or mac? If a pc please post your computers dxdiag - link to how to post dxdiag - how to post dxdiag  Thank you

Message 4 of 9 (868 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi...I am @HippieWiccan...

It is a PC (Predator Laptop)...

Requested info is attached.

Message 5 of 9 (863 Views)

★★ Novice

One more thing... 

I have an insane amount of CC so I expect the catalogue to load a bit slowly. My question is... 

Once I have loaded the CAS thumbnails once will they have to regenerate each time or will it be a bit faster? 

Message 6 of 9 (848 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@HippieWiccan13 When you post please use one account as that could cause issues for people responding. I still recommend not deleting any thing. Nice computer but... First your video chip is not recognized by the game. Most times the game will play even though it is not recognized. Coulod this be an issue - maybe. The game looks at the amount of dedicated video memory and this could (maybe) affect performance. TS3 has had issues with performance on high end computers. When I say issues I mean they don't "seem" to perform the way you would think the hardware "should" play the game. I just recently started researching 4K resolution. I believe 4K belongs on the "big" screen (50" to 55" or larger). I really don't think you can perceive any difference between 1080i and 4K on a 17" display when the game is not 4K. The GTX 980m could be having problems running a game at 4K (there is a difference between gaming and streaming a movie). The game is being upscaled to produced the set resolution. At best the GTX 980m can output 4K gaming at about 30 frames per second and is working harder because the source is not 4K. Without writing a book about computer output for 4K gaming you'll have to start with dual high end video cards to get in the 60 fps area. You could try to add your video chip to the game database - link - how to add video card to Sims 3  One thing I would try is to lower the resolution to 1080 and see how the computer runs.

Message 7 of 9 (828 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you!

Message 8 of 9 (814 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I am sorry this took so long to get back to you...I did everything the directions said to do (at least I think I got it right)...does the attached look right now???

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 9 of 9 (790 Views)