Re: Build/buy mode not loading

by EA_Mai

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Build/buy mode not loading

★★★ Newbie

Please Help the build/buy mode in my sims 3 game won't load. When I click build/buy mode the menu bar disappears and the game background noises and build/buy music are running together and there is a loading wheel.

I have do suggested solutions In other forums but they don't work.

I renamed my original sims 3 game folder to create a fresh version with not mods or cc but the problem is still there.

Also my CAS doesn't work properly I can't change hairstyles or clothes

These problems started occurring after I had updated from 1.42 to 1.67

The only solution I can think now is to reinstall the game but that's really time consuming and I don't really want to do that

I have the late night and supernatural EPs Installed

Can anyone please help me

Message 1 of 4 (1,994 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA app Team

Hi @anidine,

From what you are describing, I would say there's a corrupted file in the installation of the game. I understand it would take time and you don't want to do it, and it's up to you, but my advise is to reinstall the game. Indeed, I would redeem my codes in Origin, uninstall the game and install it again through Origin.

Origin has an option for The Sims 3 to 'Repair' the game, so in case the installation doesn't go right another time, you would be able to repair it in less time and more easily.

Good luck,

-Mai

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (2,397 Views)

All Replies

EA app Team

Hi @anidine,

From what you are describing, I would say there's a corrupted file in the installation of the game. I understand it would take time and you don't want to do it, and it's up to you, but my advise is to reinstall the game. Indeed, I would redeem my codes in Origin, uninstall the game and install it again through Origin.

Origin has an option for The Sims 3 to 'Repair' the game, so in case the installation doesn't go right another time, you would be able to repair it in less time and more easily.

Good luck,

-Mai

Message 2 of 4 (2,398 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks alot it worked

Message 3 of 4 (1,975 Views)

EA app Team

Glad to read that @anidine! Standard smile

What are you planning to do with your current sims?

-Mai

Message 4 of 4 (1,971 Views)