Broken game and can't contact through other means

by temperthestorm

Original Post

Broken game and can't contact through other means

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I got caught by the repair bug on Origin that wanted to fix all of my sims games. Since then I have had multiple problems. Firstly I can open the launcher and click play. From there it goes to a black screen before freezing. I went through all of the help options, wiped all Sims games and associated files as well as Origin itself and reinstalled Origin and the base game. I installed the patch that was suggested as well. Now when I click on the game I get told there was an error during start up and it will not open the Sims launcher at all. I have attempted to report the error through Origin but no response. The 'Live Chat' option is never open despite me trying at various times of the day and attempts to ring during business hours have resulted in messages telling me that all lines are closed and try again later. Needless to say I am beyond frustrated as I have spent a lot of money on this game. Any suggestions to fix it would be appreciated. 

(Forgot to mention, this is on a PC, and all system requirements are higher then needed).

Message 1 of 14 (432 Views)

Re: Broken game and can't contact through other means

Hero (Retired)

@temperthestorm Hi there

Please take a look here and let me know if the suggestions help:
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-There-was-an-error-during-Startup/td-p/65390

Message 2 of 14 (424 Views)

★★ Novice

@SandArcher

Thank you for getting back to me. Unfortunately so far nothing has worked. I am going to retry completely wiping everything, re running the cleaner and installing via the disk but I'm not completely hopeful Frown 

But thank you for trying to help Standard smile

Message 3 of 14 (415 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@temperthestorm it should work! Let me know how it goes Standard smile 

Message 4 of 14 (408 Views)

★★ Novice
Unfortunately no go. Still can't play the game.
Message 5 of 14 (400 Views)

Hero (Retired)
What is your operating system?
Message 6 of 14 (394 Views)

★★ Novice

Windows 7.

Message 7 of 14 (389 Views)

Hero

Did you only use ccleaner to clear the registry or did you do it manually ?

Try a clean reinstall following the instructions here: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall and here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Help-Guide-All-in-one-fix-except-hardware-issues-PC-only/m-p/734... where it says Delete game installers

Manually delete everything if above method does not work: https://help.ea.com/article/manually-uninstalling-the-sims-3

Make sure everything Sims is gone from your computer before reinstalling

If the game still shows in your Uninstaller Menu afterwards, you can use CCleaner to get rid of those.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 14 (384 Views)

★★ Novice

Yep manually wiped everything including Origin. Did a computer search for anything with the word Sim and deleted that before running the cleaner through it. Went through all the temp files and C drive. Just about given up Frown

Message 9 of 14 (380 Views)

Hero

Also in the registry ? Did you also do that manually ? (just wanna make sure we talk about the same)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 14 (377 Views)