Re: Bought the Mac version to play.

by caspinwall

Original Post

Bought the Mac version to play.

★★ Newbie

I've had the disc for a few years but didn't have any issues until last year.  Anytime the disc is in the computer it says that it isn't verrified as a legit disc, but I paid $60 for it.  Brand new, so I don't really know why there are any issues.

Message 1 of 2 (79 Views)

Re: Bought the Mac version to play.

Champion (Retired)

Hi

Quite a lot of Mac simmers are plagued by an error messages stating that their disc cannot be verified and advising them to contact customer services. Sometimes this message comes up again and again, even though the disc is in the drive and is genuine, and it is very frustrating.

Things to try:

1. Check that you really do have the correct disc in the drive. To launch the game you should be using the latest disc in terms of release date (which may not necessarily be the last one that you installed). It's quite easy to pop in the wrong disc in error if you have a lot of expansions, so it's worth a quick check.

2. Examine the disc closely and see if there are any areas of damage such as small scratches. Ensure that the disc is clean and undamaged. If the disc is dirty or damaged it may stop functioning correctly. You can try to carefully clean the disc and then try again.

3. Ensure that your disc drive is working properly (it probably is fine, but let's rule out a problem with the actual drive). Try putting in a different disc, for example play a music CD or try a different DVD such as a film. Then you can be sure that it's only your TS3 disc that is a problem.

4. Sometimes the game is very temperamental. It will give the error message several times in a row, then will suddenly accept its authenticity and start working again. I've had this happen a few times for no apparent reason. Try popping the disc out and shut down your Mac. Restart and then pop the disc back in. Try to launch the game and see if works. Try this a few times and you might get lucky and find that it starts working again.

5. If you cannot get it to work, then you may wish to consider uninstalling the disc version of the game, then registering the game code on Origin so that you can download and install the digital version. This will not cost you any additional money because you already own a game code. Once you have installed a digital version of the game you will no longer need a disc (although you will instead have the potential hassle of using Origin).

Caspin

Message 2 of 2 (70 Views)