Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Bought / registered digital game on Origin - Serial Codes Not Working on Sims Website!

by mountynrose

Original Post

Bought / registered digital game on Origin - Serial Codes Not Working on Sims Website!

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I bought 5 games/expansion digital games from Origin, and I can't register a single one! I try to register my games using the serial numbers that come up when I click on the information button and it says that my codes are incorrect. This is frustrating! I do everything the emails tell me to... to a tee. And every time I get the same message that the number I have entered is invalid. How do I fix this?

Message 7 of 87 (26,902 Views)

Direct download registration

★★★★ Novice

Does Origin have any plans to allow us to add games we directly download to be added to our Sim3 profiles? It just seems lame that: 1) It isn't done automatically since it is auto-registered; 2) There is no way for us to do it ourselves.

Message 1 of 87 (25,619 Views)

Bought my seasons and supernatural expansions at amazon

★★★★ Novice

Bought my seasons and supernatural expansions at amazon, registered and downloaded the games with origin now i cannot register them with the sims 3 websight. How do I register those expansions?

Message 2 of 87 (25,624 Views)

Invalid product code/serial number

★ Newbie

Hi. I recently purchased the Sims 3 through Origin. When I try to log in and register, I am told the product number/serial number is invalid and I am stopped from registering. The code boxes automatically fill in. Can this be corrected please so I can register the game and  play it fully. Thanks

Message 3 of 87 (25,633 Views)

The Sims 3 Supernatural

★★ Novice

Bought the extension package on line, downloaded on my computer and now I can not register the game as it complains that the code is already used and therefore can not get the extras. What should I do ?

Message 4 of 87 (25,622 Views)

serial number

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

HI there I bought my game the sims3 from Origin yesterday, there is product number with same number of digits as for serial number would be, but when i use them for serial number to register my game it says its not valid or its been used before. In fact I followed the guide from this website to find the serial number from installed game and the serial number is same as product number from origin. But its a new game why can't i register it, serial number isnt been recoginised

Message 5 of 87 (25,629 Views)

Issue with The Sims 3 Community: Register Game

★★ Novice
So on Friday 11/23/12 I purchased The Sims 3: Seasons and started playing. Part way through my session I looked at my profile, after signing in, in game and decided to register it through the wall since I hadn't really done so in the past. I put in my serial number and it said I had partial access and that I had to log in to get full access. Okay I figured I'd do that and when I look at my profile through The Sims 3 Community it doesn't show that I've got The Sims 3 registered to my name. Odd, so I try registering it after logging in and I got an 'invalid code' error after entering it. Did my serial number get posted to someone else, or just lost to the ether? How can I get my legitimately owned copy of Seasons registered to my account now?
Message 6 of 87 (25,630 Views)

Cant Register Sims 3 Plus When Ever I Try To Launch It Wont Let Me!!!!!

★★★ Newbie

Okay on my sims3 account it says i dont have and games registered when i did register my Sims 3 that i bought on Origin. also every time i go to play the game and it get on the launch menu it never lets me play it saying I need to check my internet connect when my internet works perfectly fine and such. How do we solve this issue because i paid my money fair and square and would like to be able to play the game i spent my money on.

Message 8 of 87 (25,625 Views)

Registering?

★★★ Newbie

I got my 2 brand addons on Origin but when i try to register them on thesims3.com with the key that Origin displays it says that the code is invalid. What should I do to register it?

Message 9 of 87 (25,631 Views)

My Registered games on Origin are not showing up on Sims3.com

★★ Novice

I 'merged' my accounts when Origin first came around so I know I have them 'linked' however, a lot of my games are not showing up in that box of Registered Games on the Sims3 page. Because of this, I am not able to download some of my bonus content. I also recall getting the Limited Edition or Collectors Edition of Medieval only to discover that it wasn't. So because of whatever Origin Mix-up, I don't get the extra content. 

I don't know where I go on either site to make sure that the accounts are still linked. The only Sims identity I see, I have in an uneditable field on Origin is (I believe) for The regular Sims and not Sims 3. It just says: Game Specific Identities - The Sims  <user-name here>

I know I am linked because all Sims Cash purchases for Sims 3 that I make do download to my game through Origin. Unless it automatically queues the game launcher itself outside Origin. I have all but one Sims 3 game (missing the Katy Perry Sweet Treats) and a Sims Medieval game (no Pirates and Nobles) and of all the games I own, not even HALF show up on the Sims3.com website. I thought that perhaps it took a while to sync but it can't take this **bleep** long, can it? Someone help. 

Message 10 of 87 (25,637 Views)

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

Check out the new EA Help!

We want to make finding the help you need better, faster, and easier.

So, we’ve had some work done at help.ea.com