Big Red 'X'

by pacifichawk

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Big Red 'X'

★★ Apprentice

I'm not sure if this is an issue with Monte Vista or what but it started immediately after I installed Monte Vista so I have to assume it is. . . . .

When I open my launcher to start my game the launcher has a big red X across it.
Anyone knows what causes this?
Is this an issue with Monte Vista?
What do I need to do to fix this?

I know I have bad CC and am trying to find it to uninstall it but this problem started with the installation of Monte Vista. . . . . unless it was just coincidence.
*shrugs* ????

Message 1 of 9 (2,770 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Big Red 'X'

★★ Apprentice

Nevermind, after a lot of work , scanning, deleting, defragging, jumping through hoops, and digging around - I found my problem. I picked up a virus. >Frown
That is just irritating - I scan my pc daily. WTH?

Not like it matters now but, no, I could not play my game. Now it runs perfectly just like it was before.
I am not sure what I downloaded or what site I went to within a few minutes of downloading Monte Vista but I'm going to find out and then I'm gonna smack 'em!

View in thread

Message 8 of 9 (3,057 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

the launcher it's self is one big red x or items in the launcer have a red x ?

this is for the badcc how to find it and get rid of it http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/234888.page

edit for typo

Message 2 of 9 (2,765 Views)

★★ Apprentice

The launcher itself doesn't show the red X until I click on installed content - then the red X appears but it literally goes completely across the launcher.

And, thank you for the bad CC link. I've ended up with bad CC before and have done pretty well at rooting it out but this set is a little evasive.

Message 3 of 9 (2,762 Views)

Hero (Retired)

i really do hope you get the launcher issue sorted had it been the little red x per item that is usually a cc item or sim having a very similar code to premium conten or clothing etc ...that thread is full of useful information  and has helped out numerous ppl...good luck

Message 4 of 9 (2,760 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Can you actually play the game?

Sorry to sound absurd, but does anyone know what to do with a baby bird whose been attacked by a cat and had it's leg broken? My stupid thing of a cat was playing with it. Does anyone know what to do???? I'm freaking out here because I don't have a car atm so I can't get it to the vet! 

Praying for the baby bird...

Message 5 of 9 (2,757 Views)

Hero (Retired)

keep the bird warm and not it let move too much  till you can get it to a vet or get a mobile vet *air hugs to you *

Message 6 of 9 (2,754 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Thanks, a bit late now. The bird seemed to recover somewhat and was able to fly away. It was probably just one of those scenarios were it looks worse than it feels - not that I would know as I completely freaked, went running to the other side of the room and abandoned it to my "second mother". Thank G-d it was okay! The poor thing, it was chirping and...

Anyway! Back to our gaming, OP did you see my original question, "Can you actually play the game?"

Thanks so much Rumbutter, you're the best.

Message 7 of 9 (2,750 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Nevermind, after a lot of work , scanning, deleting, defragging, jumping through hoops, and digging around - I found my problem. I picked up a virus. >Frown
That is just irritating - I scan my pc daily. WTH?

Not like it matters now but, no, I could not play my game. Now it runs perfectly just like it was before.
I am not sure what I downloaded or what site I went to within a few minutes of downloading Monte Vista but I'm going to find out and then I'm gonna smack 'em!

Message 8 of 9 (3,058 Views)

Hero (Retired)

a virus Confusedmileymad: give them a smack for me too thanks for reporting this as it will help others too Standard smile

Message 9 of 9 (2,735 Views)