Re: Ambitions

by crinrict

Original Post

Ambitions

★★★ Newbie

I know this happened a few years ago, but I never fixed the problem, so I hope you could help. I bought the Amibitions about 6 months after I got my base game, so that was probably around 2 and a half years ago. I downloaded Ambitions and it worked fine for 2 months. Then, one day when I went to play, it said that my expansion pack was not compatible with my base game, even though it obviously was. I first took off the Ambitions, and it still gave me that message even though I took off the expansion pack, I then took off the base game, and re-downloaded it, but did not download Ambitions yet. I could then easily get into my game. Then when I went to download Ambitions and play, it gave me the same message as it had originally. I took off both of the games again, and downloaded just the base game, and have been playing with just the base game since. If there is a solution, could you please answer. And if this is a problem that has been common for a lot of people, could you please tell me if this might happen again if I buy another expansion pack. Ever since this happened, I've been afraid of spending my money on another expansion pack, and it end up not working after two months.

Message 1 of 4 (153 Views)

Hero

What is your base game version right now ?

To find out, open your launcher and hover over the little base game icon in the lower left part of the launcher. It should say 1.39.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (149 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes. It has the proper update. I only tried the redownloading of Amitions when it had first stopped working a few years ago. Do you think that maybe with this new past update, the game may be able to work if I download it?

Message 3 of 4 (142 Views)

Hero

If you're base game is current, it should work now.

Since they stopped updating the base game and the EPs and only have patches for the Base game, things are a lot better. I think you can try installaing ambitions again. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (135 Views)