Re: Ambitions and World Adventure Not Showing up in Launcher

by Linamints

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

Can you still play the content in ambitions and world adventure?

Message 21 of 287 (4,313 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

Did you buy your expansion codes off of eBay? Origin has put a hold on all of my expansions purchased through eBay while they investigate some issue with them. So that could be why.

Message 22 of 287 (4,315 Views)

The Sims 3 Expansions and stuff packs disappeared from launcher

★★ Novice

I have Fast Lane Stuff, High End Loft stuff and World Adventures installed via Origin. They were working fine until yesterday when they disappeared from the Launcher. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and repaired the game but nothing has worked. This happened a week ago to Ambitions and I am getting extremely frustrated. The option to live chat with an advisor does not appear and I don't want to talk on the phone because I'm out and about. Please help!

Message 23 of 287 (4,523 Views)

Re: sims 3 eps missing

★ Apprentice

i have the same problem...i tried to play sims 3 and i found out that Island Paradise is missing in ts3 launcher; i tried everything and it still missing. 

Message 24 of 287 (4,430 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Expansions not showing up in sims launcher

★ Apprentice

i have the same problem...only EA can fix this...try to contact ea (by phone or live chat) and ask for help.

Message 25 of 287 (4,236 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've had my World Adventures expansion disappear off the Sims 3 launcher too. I spoke to someone on EA chat and they said that the expansion was showing as inactive on my account and they would raise the issue but I've heard nothing more since then.

Message 26 of 287 (4,276 Views)

Missing expansion that was bought from cgsonline. Anyone else?

★★★ Novice

I'm suddenly missing my World Adventures expansion from the Sims 3 launcher. It still shows as owned on origin but it cannot be played. I spoke to an EA adviser who told me that the expansion was showing as inactive on my account.

I had a look through this forum and saw a few other people were having this issue, and someone mentioned it being a problem with expansions bought through ebay, and one user specifically mentioned cgsonline. I looked back on my ebay and saw that my troubled code also came from cgsonline, so I was wondering who else is missing expansions they bought via ebay? and specifically via cgsonline?

Message 27 of 287 (4,401 Views)

Re: The Sims 3 Expansions and stuff packs disappeared from launcher

Hero (Retired)

@EllenaRestrick97 This issue can only be resolved by EA customer service. Where did you purchase the games?

Message 28 of 287 (4,476 Views)

Re: The Sims 3 Expansions and stuff packs disappeared from launcher

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have been reading the past few days on Facebook and the problem seems to be with charge backs.  Whoever originally purchased the codes (and then resold them to simmers) has initiated a charge back with their credit card company.  Basically this means that they tell the CC company that they did not authorize the initial purchase and the CC company gives them their money back.  So, the CC company goes back to EA/Origin and voids the payment.  Now, EA/Origin is revoking usage rights for the games that they are being forced to refund the money for.  There is a petition on change.org to try to get folks their games back since they bought them in good faith.  All of this goes back to the original reseller on ebay (or where ever you buy cheap game codes).  They are trying to get their money back from their CC and keep the money folks paid them for codes.

Contact EA/Origina nd see if they can help you.  Also...contact the site you purchased the codes through.  EBay should give you your money back...IDK about other sites!

Message 29 of 287 (4,470 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Expansions not showing up in sims launcher

★★★★ Novice

ive been told by several people that my account has been blocked for using the codes for the expansion packs that were brought from ebay. And therefore my only option right now is to re purchase the whole game and the expansion packs in order to play. 

Message 30 of 287 (4,205 Views)