1.67 Update (PC)

by nathantelope

Original Post

1.67 Update (PC)

★★ Novice

So, I haven't played The Sims 3 in a while and I just recently started playing again. I noticed my game needed to update, but I just ignored it and continued playing the game, anyway. My game would only allow me to play for like 30-45 minutes and then it would crash and say that The Sims 3 Game Launcher has stopped working, so I figured I needed to go ahead and update game. I then updated my game to the 1.67 version. The first time, my game opened just fine and it was much quicker than usual and I liked that. Now everytime I try to open the game, it loads until it gets to about 98% and it just stops. It doesn't say there is an error or anything. It just simply stops loading. The occurs on both the standard load and the interactive load.

All of my games I have downloaded from Origin. I have The Sims 3, Generations EP, Showtime EP, Seasons EP, and University Life EP.

Do I need to download the most recent EP for my game to work? I really don't want to erase all of my progress and start from scratch. Please help!

Message 1 of 8 (270 Views)

Re: 1.67 Update (PC)

Hero

Does this happen to all of your savegames ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (248 Views)

★★ Novice

Not usually. This is the first itme it has ever happened. Confusedmileysad:

Message 3 of 8 (232 Views)

Hero

So you can start a new game and other savegames and it's just that one that's giving you issues ?

If so, you might find some solutions going through this link: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Game-Corruption/m-p/968290/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (227 Views)

★★ Novice

I am not having problems with my Sims.

I cannot even play the game.

It just loads and then stops loading when it is almost done.

It never finishes loading.

What am I supposed to do? Confusedmileysad:

Message 5 of 8 (216 Views)

Hero

Can you start a new game ? Does that work ?

---

Try resttetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps/td-p/714/

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (212 Views)

★★ Novice

Starting a new game did work!

Message 7 of 8 (207 Views)

Hero

Then it's probably the savegame that is corrupted.

Do you want to try and save it (probably ony possible with mods which I can't really talk about here but I can point you in the right direction) ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (195 Views)