Re: How long does it take for a purchases to process on Origin?

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How long does it take for a purchases to process on Origin?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

On May 10, 2013 I purchased two phsycial games of the The sims 3 (Late Night and University)  and as of today it still says "Order In Progress" I recieved an email the day of the purchase explaining my invoice and stuff and the money is out of my account. However the purchases are not showing up on my account. I'm just curious to know is this normal? Its been 4 days (not counting weekends). This is my first time ordering directly from Origin and I don't know if I should be concerned or not.

-Thanks!

Message 1 of 7 (6,051 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Hero

Ah, sorry. Since you posted in the Store forum, I thought you were talking about the Sims 3 Store and assumed you were talking about Simpoints cause that's the only thing (except worlds) from the Store that you can buy in the Store. Have to admin, I didn't read your entry post thoroughly. Apologies.

Same goes for the games on Origin though since the Origin Store is not working correctly right now, there might be a delay.

Since it's been a while though, I would contact customer support.

The AnswerHQ is about Users helping Users.

They can be found here: https://help.ea.com/contact-us/ask

Choose a category, a game and a platform for the contact options to show up.

If live chat is gray, change your country to US and make sure you're on US Business hours. It might also gray because they're very busy. Try later.

See this post if you have trouble with the site: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2012/10/how-to-contact-ea.html

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (6,307 Views)

All Replies

EA Staff

Depending on the payment method, I've seen physical purchases take a few days for processing.

See, when the order is initiated we send a request to the financial institution to hold the funds for processing. They release the funds for retrieval. Once the funds have been received and verified, the order completes processing. When the physical product is shipped, you receive an email with the tracking number. 

Have you checked your email for any tracking info? 

X

Message 2 of 7 (6,028 Views)

★★★ Novice
I see... I only recieved a email comfirming the order with the order number on the 10th, I haven't recieved anything else since. But I used my debt and the funds are out of my account.
Message 3 of 7 (6,021 Views)

Hero

Since the Origin Store seems to have issues right now, that might also influence the Simpoints showing up.

I would wait till it's back in working order (there's a Status update on teh front page of the AnserHQ.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (6,017 Views)

★★★ Novice

What?? Simpoints? I'm talking about my purchases, not sims points. 

Message 5 of 7 (6,012 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Ah, sorry. Since you posted in the Store forum, I thought you were talking about the Sims 3 Store and assumed you were talking about Simpoints cause that's the only thing (except worlds) from the Store that you can buy in the Store. Have to admin, I didn't read your entry post thoroughly. Apologies.

Same goes for the games on Origin though since the Origin Store is not working correctly right now, there might be a delay.

Since it's been a while though, I would contact customer support.

The AnswerHQ is about Users helping Users.

They can be found here: https://help.ea.com/contact-us/ask

Choose a category, a game and a platform for the contact options to show up.

If live chat is gray, change your country to US and make sure you're on US Business hours. It might also gray because they're very busy. Try later.

See this post if you have trouble with the site: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2012/10/how-to-contact-ea.html

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (6,308 Views)

★★★ Novice

Your totally fine, I understand! Standard smile  Thank you very much for answering and guiding me in the right direction! 

Message 7 of 7 (5,998 Views)