Re: cannot find required DLL 'C:Windows\AutiRunGUI.DLL'

by EA_Mai

Original Post

Accepted Solution

cannot find required DLL 'C:Windows\AutiRunGUI.DLL'

★★ Novice

PLEASE can someone help me! i have been sitting here for about 2 hours now simply trying to install Sims 2!! i have the full four disk set with not a scratch on either of them. When i insert disk one nothing happens so i open up the D: drive and have tried a) to just double click autorun or b) right click 'run as administrator'. No matter which option i get the following pop up window : 'cannot find required DLL 'C:Windows\AutiRunGUI.DLL'

Have been on about 50 different websites trying to work this out; a good chunk of this time has been attempting the steps under this link: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_other-gaming/missing-filecannot-find-requi...  

After finally copying all the disks to the C: drive and getting excited that it had all downloaded (and so quickly!) i went to play only to be told "insert Sims 2 disk" which i thought was strange as step 16 says not to have any disks in so i tried anyway and regardless well im still here not playing! 

Cleaned disks, copied all files and folders to C: drive, checked for viruses, googled every viable website (one looked especially promising until it asked me for credit card details -.-) 

My computer: Acer Aspire F5-573G 
7.87GB useable
Windows 10 Home
64-bit Operating System x64 based processor

As mentioned its the four disk Sims 2 base game (havent even bothered with expansions obviously) i would say circa 2004ish? 

Please please please help!

Message 1 of 2 (808 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA app Team

Hi @MegMacNZ,

I'm sorry to read you are having this issue when trying to install your game. Frown I would recommend contacting one of our advisors through EA Help and explaining them the issues you are having to install your game with your discs. They might be able to turn your physical copy of the game into digital, which will probably help with this issue.

You will find a detailed explanation on how to contact them if you need it here.

If you have any question, don't hesitate to ask Standard smile

-Mai

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (886 Views)

All Replies

EA app Team

Hi @MegMacNZ,

I'm sorry to read you are having this issue when trying to install your game. Frown I would recommend contacting one of our advisors through EA Help and explaining them the issues you are having to install your game with your discs. They might be able to turn your physical copy of the game into digital, which will probably help with this issue.

You will find a detailed explanation on how to contact them if you need it here.

If you have any question, don't hesitate to ask Standard smile

-Mai

Message 2 of 2 (887 Views)