The sims 2 launcher has stop stopped working

by iUesugiTatsuya

Original Post

Re: The sims 2 launcher has stop stopped working

★ Novice

I tried all the methods listed here and my game won't start. It doesn't give any error, not even the blank error I have seen in the past. I click on the play and it looks like it did something, but then nothing happens. Any ideas?

Message 61 of 67 (1,126 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just runned the launcher as an administrator, didn´t had to close my internet connection. Worked very well Standard smile

Message 62 of 67 (1,019 Views)

★★ Novice

Just right click the Desktop Icon of the expansion you want to play, select open file location and choose the application, not the Sims 2 launcher, it should load fine. BTW EA no longer supports Sims 2 so there is no website to go to so to speak, you are basically SOOL for help. Hope this helps. 8)

Message 63 of 67 (973 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This worked for me - thanks!

Message 64 of 67 (780 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

this work around worked for me also,  skipping the launcher, and just running the game,

for me, Sims 2 Double Deluxe the pathway was

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Double Deluxe\SP$\TSBin\Sims2SP4.exe

Message 65 of 67 (774 Views)

★★★ Newbie

when i try to open my sims 2 double deluxe, i get a pop up that says "the program can't start because api-ms-win-downlevel-user32-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." how do i reinstall the game?

Message 66 of 67 (652 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks so much.  I had to reinstall the game and then it wouldn't start again and I had forgotten this solution.

Message 67 of 67 (518 Views)