The Ultimate Collection - Sims2pack files problem

by KarolB97

Original Post

The Ultimate Collection - Sims2pack files problem

★★★ Newbie

Hi everyone, ever since I installed the TS2 UC my sims2pack files do not work anymore, their icon is white like if the game couldn't find the sims2pack installer. Could someone tell me where to find it? (the sims2pack installer) Or does anyone knows any other way to fix this?

thanks in advance (:

Message 1 of 14 (28,730 Views)

Re: The Ultimate Collection - Sims2pack files problem

★★★ Newbie

:!: Figured it out on Windows 7 (x64). :!:

First, go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\CSBin. (same place as Bodyshop)

You should see PackageInstaller.

Double-click it.

Give it a minute.

A screen should say "Double-click a sims2package to install it".

Press okay.

Then, go find a sims2pack file and double-click it.

It should bring up the "which program do you need to open this" screen.

Click Browse.

Browse to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\CSBin.

Choose PackageInstaller.

[B]MAKE SURE TO CHECK THE "ALWAYS OPEN THIS KIND OF FILE WITH THIS PROGRAM" OPTION![/B]

Click "open" or "Ok".

Wait a minute.

If that familiar "install this package" screen pops up, do a dance! :bunny:

If not, try the steps again and keep researching. :report:

Message 2 of 14 (28,674 Views)

★★ Novice

For to get it to work on Windows Vista:

1. Go to: c:\Program Files\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\CSBin
  2. Right click: PackageInstaller
  3. Click rename
  4. add '.exe' at the end of PackageInstaller
  5. It should look like this 'Package Installer.exe' with out the  '

Next Steps

1. Then go a sims2pack
  2. -Right click
  3. -Click 'Open With'
  4. -Tick 'Open Using Already Installed Software' then ok
  5. -Tick 'Always Use the Selected Program to open this file'
  6. -Then chose the arrow on side of 'Other Programs' and scroll until you see 'The Sims 2 Bodyshop Package Installer'
  7. -Click it then hit ok.

(If in an event you do not find 'The Sims 2 Bodyshop Package Installer' as I said

1. go to browse
  2. Search for it in the place you found it before
  3. Click it and press okay.
  4. Then make sure it's clicked on the 'Open With' window then click OK!

I really hope this helped many people, it took me a little while to find this solution, but it was may be an hour, but I found it. I was actually praying a bit to find it. God sure answers prayers.:catvery-happy:

Message 3 of 14 (27,702 Views)

★ Novice

I totally messed up my Sims 2 yesterday by going onto Orign and playing the Dexlue.  Now II can't play either game.   I uninstalled the Deluxe and Ultimate collection is just a blue screen instead of loading the game.  Have Windows 7 but don't have 'open with'.

Message 4 of 14 (26,942 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Thankyou

Message 5 of 14 (25,939 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you thank you thank you....been pulling my hair out trying to make this work!

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Wink

Message 6 of 14 (25,306 Views)

★ Novice

Hello , i hope someone still can help me in here as i try this yesterday and got to install the Sims2pack and the icon now shows that one from the Body shop , the problem now is that whenever i double click the packages type files , they just don't open and i am not sure what to do , i did what the other guy said about entering the .exe on the installerpack but still nada....please help me D :

Message 7 of 14 (12,199 Views)

Champion

@jonsnow1792 , your best bet now days is to go to Mod The Sims and download the Sims 2 pack Clean Installer which will help you to install CC into the game as well as checking for dodgy CC. You can Google search for the site.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 8 of 14 (12,176 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@ChronosymTried to d/l cc to Sims2 UC using these steps on Windows 10 but a blank box appears. Are there different steps for Win10?

Message 9 of 14 (10,942 Views)

Champion

@SIMSTER00 , no there aren't any different steps for the basic game installation. My advice to restart Origin and possibly clear your Origin cache. The only things you need to make sure you do to get the game to run properly. Make sure you download and install Graphics Rule Maker which insures that the game recognizes your graphics card. Any questions about installation and use of Graphics Rule Maker can be found at Leefish's forum (you'll need to Google search for both) and the 4GB patch. You can find excellent videos on YouTube about how to make sure that the game runs smoothly. 

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 10 of 14 (10,895 Views)