The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection freezes on loading screen

by TheAnarky666

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection freezes on loading screen

★★★ Newbie

Hi, i have recently downloaded The Sims 2 Ultimate Colection on Origin (on Win 7) and i experience serious issue - when i start the game, after intro movie, when the loading screen shows up, game freezes and i have to shut it down through the CTRL + Alt + Del. What causes it and how to fix it? Please help me with this, i can't seem to find an answer :c thanks for all replies

Message 1 of 18 (63,382 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection freezes on loading screen

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

The game may not actually be freezing. It may take upto 15 minutes to load the first time because it has to copy about 1 GB of files to your documents. It doesn't use the "EA Games\The Sims 2" folder in your documents but rather a "EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection" folder. Go ahead and delete that folder if its there, try to load the game again, and don't interrupt it like minimizing it. You can also rename the "The Sims 2" folder to "The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection" in your documents, backing up first of course.

You may also need to run the game as an administrator in windows XP compatibility.

View in thread

Message 5 of 18 (71,372 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice

Im having the simalar Crashing issue. 

I get the "not enough space error will probably cause issues.' (It's on a TB drive.) when I launch the game, then it crashes while loading nieghborhoods during the "loading pets."

it just sat there for a good 15 minutes acting like it was still loading after it crashed. I had to CTRL-ALT-DEL out of it.  

I hope someone figured out how to fix this because I have no idea what to do about it. 

Message 2 of 18 (63,249 Views)

★ Novice

having the same problem with WIndows 8.1 with all updates installed and latest nvidia drivers

Message 3 of 18 (63,241 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here.

Message 4 of 18 (63,236 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

The game may not actually be freezing. It may take upto 15 minutes to load the first time because it has to copy about 1 GB of files to your documents. It doesn't use the "EA Games\The Sims 2" folder in your documents but rather a "EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection" folder. Go ahead and delete that folder if its there, try to load the game again, and don't interrupt it like minimizing it. You can also rename the "The Sims 2" folder to "The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection" in your documents, backing up first of course.

You may also need to run the game as an administrator in windows XP compatibility.

Message 5 of 18 (71,373 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I got the same problem, but my game is installed to "Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection", and in my documents the files are in the folder "EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection".

There is no folder "The Sims 2" and only these two folders. So I can't rename or delete any folders, because there is just one. 

What do I need to do to fix the problem?

Message 6 of 18 (62,497 Views)

★ Novice

thanks, it worked, after i tryed a lot of things just wait was the solution. 

Message 7 of 18 (62,185 Views)

★★★★ Novice

You want me to delete the ENTIRE EA Games folder?!?!

What do you mean EA Games/Sims 2 folder? I never got one of those.

Message 8 of 18 (62,084 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So if the game is still loading, and it is taking a while to do so; would it not make sense to have this indicated on the screen?  Something like:

"Game still loading - estimated loading time X minutes. Do not minimise or stop the game".

At least people will know it is loading, and hasn't just frozen.  If it takes 15 minutes or more to load, due to the masses of data it requires; that's fine; as long as we know something is happening.

Message 9 of 18 (60,486 Views)

Hero

It would ... of course ... 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 18 (60,480 Views)