by clare83

Original Post

Re: SIMS 2 compaitability with windows 8

★★★ Newbie

WHere do you find this? Im keen to download

Message 101 of 166 (3,460 Views)

Re: [The Sims 2] SIMS 2 compaitability with windows 8

★★★ Newbie

I have the sims 2 with all expansion and stuff packs, it installed just fine and i can start it up just fine, but everytime i try to create a sim (sometimes already when i press the create-a-new-sim-button in CAS and other times when i'm choosing clothes or likewise) or if i try to go into an existing family it just crashes. 

I know that i have the excact same problem as a lot of other people in this thread, but i am just so sad that my sims 2 doesn't work and i think it's lousy of EA that they can't be bothered to patch it.

I've tried everything that people have suggested, but nothing seems to work, is there anyone else who as a miracle solution?

Message 102 of 166 (3,280 Views)

Re: SIMS 2 compatibility with windows 8

★★★ Newbie

i've tried over and over but compatibility mode doesn't do anything! Frown

Message 103 of 166 (3,116 Views)

★★ Novice

Ok people I say that as loyal Sims customers we boycott buying any more Sims products until they make a patch for the Sims 2 for Windows 8.  Why should we continue to waste our money when it's obvoius that they don't care about repeat customers,only the ones willing to buy the latest and greatest.  Who will join me

Message 104 of 166 (2,802 Views)

★★★ Novice

sab456 I tried your way and it worked! I can finally play my Sims 2 on my Windows 8! Before trying your method, my game would crash and 'terminate" everytime I tried to enter CAS. Now I have tried creating a Sim + a pet, moved them into a house, played for 10 mins and so and it worked flawlessly!

THANK YOU!! :'D

Message 105 of 166 (2,788 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

This is for people that get stuck on the "TSUD.exe has stopped responding and can't install" the expansions/stuff packs passed The Sims 2 base game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n3v1CXSgXI

The gist of it is you need to have access to a second computer that is running anything other than Win8 (WinMe ,WinXP, WinVista Win2000 or Win7 all work with this just fine). You install The Sims2 base game on Computer 1 (the computer with Win8) then you simply install it again (the base game and then University, or what ever expansion you want to install after the base game) on computer 2 (the computer with windows 7 or what ever). 

After the install is finished on computer 2 (the non Win8 computer) and it has patched the base game with TSUD.exe successfully, you simply copy the "TSData and TSBin folders" to a USB drive/thumbstick and then copy them over to your directory you have The Sims 2 installed on the Win8 computer (over writing the files when asked). Now you will have a fully patched Sims 2 on win8 and you can continue as usual with the rest of the expansion and stuff packs on your win8 computer.

I was about to give up on win8 and The sims2 when I cam accross the video linked above and all is well. Everything installed as it should and my daughter is now playing her Sims 2 (ran in compatability mode with XP Service Pack 2 (or 3) selected). All credit goes to Kiza190 for the work around which is a lot better than what EA themselves were doing ....which was nothing. I hope this helps someone and make sure you give Kiza a like for their video.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the launcher will still crash if you try to load the game with it so make sure you use the actual Sims2EP exe file for it to run which is found in the TSBin folder, enjoy.

Message 106 of 166 (2,034 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Yeah. I downloaded Sims 3, which I personally like better than Sims 2, but before downloading it, I checked to see the price of Sims 2 by searching it on both Origin and EA and it didn't even show up. My laptop is an Acer Windows 7 and the Sims 2 didn't even show. I guess it gets outdated after a while.
Message 107 of 166 (2,018 Views)

Re: SIMS 2 compatibility with windows 8

★★★ Newbie

This still doesn't work for my laptop! It was already on Windows XP (Service Pack 3) What do I do?

Message 108 of 166 (1,542 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

If the solution doesn't work, you NEED to try http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=5446

Message 109 of 166 (1,537 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I didn't run this game on a previous computer. I just bought the DVD, on Amazon, for my daughter and never imagined it wouldn't work on Windows 8. I can't even open the game. When I try, it gives an error message saying that "The Sims 2 Launcher has stopped working". I have tried nearly every solution mentioned here, and nothing works. I hate Windows 8 even more so now than I did before! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Message 110 of 166 (1,284 Views)