The Sim 2 Install Help Please

by wash209

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Sim 2 Install Help Please

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi I recently unistall The sim 2 on origin and now its getting this glitch or bug, When i click Install it install but when it finishes the play button does not say play it still says install so i click it 5 time and it did the same thing, I deleted The sim 2 because of an error object on one of my sim i know im dumb, I decided to transfer the original folder to an usb and download it again, When it finishes a new sim folder pop up all that was in there was just Movie, I deleted that folder and decided to put the usb back in and transfer the original folder in it , I tried unistall origin downloading the sim again but it still says install, Not sure if this is the problem but when i was extraciting the folder to the usb it said Thumb something cannot be transfer (Thumb is like a folder) I tried doing this with all items, And it still pop up so i decided to skip PLEASE HELP I BEG I made a video on this please if you are a admin please watch the video ;-; 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fGxDvix5ZQ

Message 1 of 4 (642 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The Sim 2 Install Help Please

★★ Novice

Thank you for the reply but when I turn off my pc, it worked again,I deleted the video that was the reason why you could not seen it.

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (750 Views)

All Replies

EA app Team

Hi @wash209,

I'm sorry @wash209, but I'm not sure I fully understand which is the issue and I can't access the video either. You can not play because you get 'Install' in Origin instead of 'Play', right?

In that case, please, install your game again if you uninstalled it and then follow these steps to clear your Origin cache:

1. First, make sure you can view hidden files and folders:
    1. Hit the Start button (or press Win + X for Windows 10).
    2. Click on Control Panel.
    3. Click on Appearance and Personalization, then Folder Options.
    4. Click the View tab.
    5. Under Advanced settings, click Show hidden files and folders, and click OK to save the change.
  2. If Origin is running, close it by clicking Origin in the menu bar then Exit.
  3. Click Start, then Computer, then double-click (CStandard smile to open the C:\ drive
  4. Open the ProgramData folder, then the Origin folder, and delete all the files and folders inside it except for LocalContent.
    1. If you’re on Windows XP  you’ll find the ProgramData folder in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application data\Electronic Arts\
  5. Go back to C:\: 
    1. Open the Users folder,
    2. Open the folder with your  username, 
    3. Open AppData
    4. Then Roaming
    5. Then Origin
      •  Delete all the files and folders inside.
  6. Go back to the AppData folder: 
    1. Open the Local folder, 
    2. Open the Origin folder
      • Delete all the files and folders inside.

Are you getting 'Play' now?

-Mai

Message 2 of 4 (616 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for the reply but when I turn off my pc, it worked again,I deleted the video that was the reason why you could not seen it.

Message 3 of 4 (751 Views)

EA app Team

That's great news @wash209! Standard smile  How are your sims doing?

-Mai

Message 4 of 4 (589 Views)