Sims 2 ultimate collection crashing on launch

by OldeSimsFan

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 2 ultimate collection crashing on launch

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Tried launching it today, and it has repeatedly crashed.  Restarting computer makes no difference.  In terms of what I see on the screen, the green bar makes it to the boundary of boxes 6 & 7 of the grid below it.  The blue text area says 'Fun with pets' until the jam point is reached.  Then a large gap appears in the center as the text slides over to the right side.  Everything freezes for a few minutes and then I get the redundant application has crashed will now terminate message.  The text box it appears in also references Mansions & Gardens.  The game has been running just fine in its current configuration.  System is Windows 10.  Please help!

Update: Have isolated problem to 1 neighborhood.  Program launched fine once said neighborhood was moved to the desktop.  Is there a way to repair it?  Said neighborhood was heavily played so have a lot of time and story creation invested.

Message 1 of 4 (1,132 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 2 ultimate collection crashing on launch

★★★★ Apprentice

Not sure if this is what you were thinking of, but tracked the problem down to 1 file in the neighborhood, Neighborhood001.  Found a fresh copy of said fie from my partially installed Sime2 disk version and put it in.  Everything has been running fine since, and I make a point of saving a copy of that file to a safe place after each play session.  Handy as Simpe periodicaly fouls up on saving, which eliminates the file.  I copy my safety version back in and carry on.  Thank you for your help!

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (1,138 Views)

All Replies

EA app Team

Hi @OldeSimsFan,

I'm sorry to read you are having this issue, unfortunately, if a neighborhood is corrupted there's not much we can do other than reset it. It would be as if you had never played that neighborhood. Frown

If you let me know which is the neighborhood you are having issues with, I can explain how to reset it,

-Mai

Message 2 of 4 (1,190 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Not sure if this is what you were thinking of, but tracked the problem down to 1 file in the neighborhood, Neighborhood001.  Found a fresh copy of said fie from my partially installed Sime2 disk version and put it in.  Everything has been running fine since, and I make a point of saving a copy of that file to a safe place after each play session.  Handy as Simpe periodicaly fouls up on saving, which eliminates the file.  I copy my safety version back in and carry on.  Thank you for your help!

Message 3 of 4 (1,139 Views)

EA app Team

Yes, @OldeSimsFan, that was the idea, getting a clean and new copy of the neighborhood.

I'm glad you got it sorted, thanks for coming back to share what you do with the community, might be helpful for someone in the future! Standard smile

Enjoy the game!

-Mai

Message 4 of 4 (924 Views)