Sims 2 the body shop will not start!

by theresam45

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 2 the body shop will not start!

★★ Novice

Hi, I am unable to load my sims 2 the body shop I've have clicked on it multiple times and it will not load, I went here C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Pets\CSBin click to run as administrator and still nothing. Next I troubleshot with no results. On my laptop, I downloaded and old version, it works however it will not load any sims or clothes etc...

Yes, I still play my Sims 2 and love it.....please help!

Message 1 of 7 (2,476 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 2 the body shop will not start!

★★ Novice

I think I ran it for Windows 8, then I ran it in compatibility mode, and then I ran the program as administrator, hope I was helpful. Standard smile

View in thread

Message 7 of 7 (2,467 Views)

All Replies

EA app Team

Hi @theresam45,

Welcome to Answers HQ!

I have a couple of questions Standard smile

1. What version of Windows are you using in your computer?
  2. Have you tried to right click on the exe file > Properties > Compatibility tab and set it to Compatibility mode with Windows XP?

Let us know if that helps,

-Mai

Message 2 of 7 (2,458 Views)

★★ Novice

What setting would you need for windows 10? or can it even work on windows 10?

Message 3 of 7 (2,348 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @ZeldaSpyroJak,

Which version of The Sims 2 are you running in your Windows 10 (DVD or The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection)?

Compatibility settings should be the same for Windows 10, although the location of The Body Shop might change depending on which version of The Sims 2 and which packs you have installed Wink

-Mai

Message 4 of 7 (2,331 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for checking back with me, to tell you the truth I actually found out how to get Body Shop to work shortly after I posted my question, but thank you for coming back to help me on this subject I really appreciate it. Standard smile 

Message 5 of 7 (2,328 Views)

EA app Team

Oh, I'm glad to read that! :D

Thanks for letting us know! Could you share with the community what you did to make it work as well? It might help someone with your same issue in the future Wink

-Mai

Message 6 of 7 (2,326 Views)

★★ Novice

I think I ran it for Windows 8, then I ran it in compatibility mode, and then I ran the program as administrator, hope I was helpful. Standard smile

Message 7 of 7 (2,468 Views)