Sims 2 not opening after install?

by lovelucidly

Original Post

Sims 2 not opening after install?

★★★ Novice

Hi! So yesterday, I decided to install the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection off Origin for the first time in a bit. Installation went just fine, and when I went to play it after it installed, it didn't open no matter what I did.

I've read pages upon pages and watched tons of videos on things to do. I replaced my paul.dll file, but got something about a .lang file, which I fixed by repairing it with Origin. I tried bypassing the launcher like some said. I'm not sure if this is a case of it not being compatible with my computer (I'm on a HP laptop on Windows 10), and I can't find anything in properties to fix a compatibility issue. 

I saw this post, and followed the steps: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-2/Sims-2-does-not-start-at-all-Please-read-first-post-carefully/td...

Though the paul.dll file isn't the problem. This is what my problem signature was, though:

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Sims2EP9.exe
Application Version: 1.17.0.66
Application Timestamp: 00000000
Fault Module Name: PAUL.DLL
Fault Module Version: 4.1.1.20
Fault Module Timestamp: 4c9bc521
Exception Code: c0000094
Exception Offset: 0001bd7b
OS Version: 10.0.14393.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 2244
Additional Information 2: 224451c6859d9bd67a095fffdd788a58
Additional Information 3: 43b7
Additional Information 4: 43b746d539d135f277eeb633f7fcc860

I don't know if this is any help, but any help is greatly appreciated. 

Message 1 of 3 (219 Views)

Re: Sims 2 not opening after install?

EA app Team

Hi @lovelucidly,

If I understood right, you got a paul.dll issue, which you fixed following the steps in that thread, then you got a lang issue which you fixed repairing but now you get the paul.dll issue again, right? Could you please try to follow the steps to replace your paul.dll in the thread you linked again? You might not get the lang issue again, as that was fixed when you repaired the game Standard smile

-Mai

Message 2 of 3 (202 Views)

Re: Sims 2 not opening after install?

★★★ Novice

Just to clear up confusion, since I did sort of word things wrong previously, the game wouldn't open at all no matter what I did, so I fixed and replaced the paul.ddl, but then got a lang issue which I repaired with Origin, though was right back at square one after that. I did what you said and followed the directions in the thread I linked again. I downloaded the paul.ddl, replaced the one in the file, and once attempting to run the program again, it ended up doing the lang issue once again. I even tried fixing it in Origin once again after trying a few different times to open it, and then tried to open it through Origin once it was repaired, and I didn't get the lang issue, but the game still did not open, just like it did before. I'm kinda lost here.

Message 3 of 3 (196 Views)